Chapter 26 《Eda's Requiem Prt 2》

Y/N's Pov 

We both sit there, awkwardly. 

 I clench my hands together, forming fists, mentally preparing myself to say the first words.  

Hunter notices this and holds my hands in his, slowly loosening the fist.  

He bites his lip before speaking "Y/N......", he slowly begins to falter but perks up again, "I'm sorry about what happened.  I was too afraid to speak put against Belos' word and look where that led you."  

He swallow before talking again, "I will change, and we can put all of this behind us", he puts a hand on my shoulder,"How does that sound?" 

I push away his hand and sit there, curling in towards my body.  

I hug my knees close and sigh.  "Look, Hunter.....", his name feels wrong on my lips, like poison,"I'm not ready to forgive you yet, but......," sighing heavily again, I let the last of my words slip away.  

Hunter places his hand back on my shoulder, trying to be comforting but instead his touch reminds me of the time he hurt me.  

I cry inwardly, not letting my feelings get the best of me. 

 Something in me snaps, perhaps overflows but in that moment, I do not know what happened,"Look, Hunter, you're not the only one who was hurt by what you did, infact, I, the victim, was barely spared a second thought, in your grand speech of comfort!  I never had it easy and yet you decide to lay it on as if I had the easiest life ever!  Do you know how hard it was for me when I realised you were a traitor?! Obviously not, because I still went through pain, even though you were ready to forgive and forget!  I encountered a monster, who sliced open my stomach, who in turn, I would have to murder, all because of what you did!  You still thought it was acceptable to talk down on me despite what I had gone through and here you are shoving my trauma aside, as if it is nothing to you!  I feel sick whenever I'm around you and it hurts to say your name.  Do you know how many times I have broken down because of you?! No, because you were never there!  I went and showed practically all of Hexside that I cannot control my emotions because of how weak and vulnerable you left me!  I am absolutely disappointed with your actions and I never want to see you again!" 

Tears flow down my cheeks and Hunter just sits there, quietly taking in my words.  

I stand up quickly and run off into the forest.  

Hunter shouts after me but I ignore his words. 

 I pound down the forest path, crying my heart out. 

 Running up a wild area, in attempt to stray as far from the path as possible to avoid being found by Hunter. 

 I choke on my tears and slump down next to a tree. 

 I begin walking off into the forest, pine needles crunching underneath.  

The forest of Ribbing is almost foreign to me, I have never been here before. 

 Perhaps I have though, when I was a child.  

I don't remember most of my childhood, a blur in my memory.  

I wipe the tears from my cheeks and continue along the moss carpeted forest floor.  

I twist in and out of the trees, slowly beginning to enjoy the scenery.

  Hunter seems to know all the perfect places in The Boiling Isles. 

 Well, he is The Golden Guard, he probably had to swim in lava somewhere here or whatever coven scouts have to do to prove their loyalty.