Chapter 8 《A Visit》

Y/N's Pov 

I pulled out the scroll, the item which I often use.

  Tapping onto messages,  I scroll down to Em's account.  

I send her a short message, asking if she wants to come over with Ed.

  She answers within the time period of twenty seconds.  

The answer I was expecting and the text Em sent were virtually the same.

  She says that she'll be at the Owl House in maybe five minutes.

  I smooth down my hair and patiently wait for the two.  

As soon as I hear whooshing and laughing, I rush outside. 

 I see Ed and Em, standing there, with leaves and twigs poking out of their dark green locks. 

 Giggling at the pair, I walk forward and brush the leaves and twigs out of their hair.

  Laughing at each other, we walk inside.  

Lilith smiles at us.  Maybe she misses her teenage days.  

"Hey Y/N?", Em speaks up, "Who the fuck is that in your corner?"

Oh, I had forgotten about the Golden Gaurd.

  Em had noticed him and I hadn't formulated a perfect answer yet.

  What was I supposed to say to her!?  What sentence would make the most sense?!  

I was overthinking everything and it wasn't helping my anxiety.  

Luckily, Ed noticed me and picked the right answer.  "Oh Em!  That's just the Golden Gaurd!", Ed said cheerily, "Eda must have done something stupid."  

"Haha!  That's really cool, Y/N!" Em is practically in awe of me.

  "Oh, it's nothing.  Besides, Eda did most of the work." I feel flustered. 

 Eda's grinning happily now and I smile back at her.  

"Well, I mean Y/N did knock him out." Now Em and Ed are staring at me, mouths agape, in absolute wonder of what I had done.

  The Golden Gaurd begins to notice we're talking about him, "Hey, could you not talk about me as if I'm not here?" Ed and Em start snickering at him. 

 "Hey!  Stop you guys, it's not fair!" I shout at them, defending the Golden Gaurd. 

 "Oh, someone has a crush!" Emira smirks.

  My face flushes bright red and I try to regain my composure.  "No, I don't like him.  I'm just trying to be nice to him." 

Then I pull Emira to the side and whisper to her, "I'm kind of scared of him.", I confess, "and I'm trying to overcome my fear." 

Emira looks at me and thinks for a moment.  "Okay, but you still have a crush on him."

 I begin to blush badly and I chase her out of the Owl House. 

 After I've calmed down, we both lie on the grass.

  I'm first to speak up "Emira........, do you think it's funny that I'm scared of a person?" 

Em looked to be in thought but then she too spoke up.

  "No, I don't think so.  I think it's perfectly normal.  There's probably just a reason why you're scared of specifically the Golden Gaurd.  Oh man, if only we knew why." 

I sat straight up and stared up at Emira. "Then why don't we find out!?" I exclaimed.  

Em stood up, grinning at me,"Let's do that then."

《Hope you liked this chapter!  But trust me, you really don't want to know why you're scared of the Golden Gaurd.  I also need some idea for filler chapters until I can get to the climax, so please comment some below!》