Chapter 16 《Meetup》

Y/N's Pov 

I wake up to the sight of the kitchen ceiling. 

 I can feel myself being cradled.  Looking up, I see Hunter's soft face.

  His eyes are closed as he sleeps, his chest moving up and down with his every breath.  

I move my body away from his, carefully, as not to wake him up.  

His eyes open slightly, exposing his dark maroon eyes to the pale glow of moonlight. 

 Pulling myself upwards, I steady my feet on the floor, my legs shaking slightly.  

My head spins and darkness surges around me.  Collapsing down onto my knees, Hunter jerks awake, surprised by the crash.  

Rubbing his eyes, he finally gets the dust out of his vision. 

 Spotting me, collapsed on the floor, my vision spinning, he grabs me close and looks at my face.

  Worried by my state, he rushes over to the sink and gets me a glass of water.  

"Hey Hunter, it's okay, I just stood up too fast!" I giggle weakly at his worried state. 

 Standing up, slowly this time, I walk over to where he's filling up a glass of water.  

Pulling him away from the sink, I pull him over to a window.  

We watch the stars glint in the night sky, my eyes filled with the sparkling gems.  

They filled the night sky and mesmerised my mind with their beauty. 

 I must have been staring at the stars for too long, for Hunter begins to laugh at me, his face crinkled up, as his eyes close.

  I flush red all over, embarrassed at Hunter's laughter. 

 Looking at my expression, he looks at me, pity in his eyes. 

 Pulling me up, he walks out the front door.

  We stay quiet, trying not to wake Hooty up. 

 We creep further out into the forest and watch the pale moonlight illuminate the path for us. 

 We sit at the cliff edge, once again. 

 The Boiling Isles looks beautiful at night. 

 I rest my head on Hunter's shoulder and close my eyes.  "Hey, Y/N!?  What are you doing out here?" a voice behind me, speaks up. 

 I recognise that voice!  

Turning around, I spot Emira and Edric behind me, the expressions fixed on me and Hunter.

"Y/N?  Can you hear me!?" Emira shouts over at us. 

 I blush and stand up. 

 Walking towards them, I stop awkwardly, watching their suspicious looks. 

 "So.......what are you guys doing out here?" I stare down, shuffling my feet.  "I'm training", Emira says, a little quieter this time, "The full moon is the best time to practice." I shuffle my feet again and smile at her.  Em may be looking at me suspiciously, but atleast she knows the best times to practice magic.

  I stand infront of her and Edric, struggling to make eye contact.  "Soooo........how do you feel about going back to Eda's and staying for the night?"

 I ask, trying to force the awkwardness from my voice.

  Ed nods at the suggestion and turns to Em, nodding his head, trying to hypnotise her with his nodding.  "Okay......." Emira says, dragging her words out in boredom. 

 I help Hunter up and we turn back towards The Owl House. 

 We walk through the path, decorated by heavy ferns and moss. 

 The moonlight filters in through the treetops, dashing our faces in glimmering rays.  I smile up at it, mesmerised by the dazzle.  Perhaps today, I might figure out more of my past.

《I hope that this chapter is a little longer.  I didn't have too much inspiration but I tried my best.  I'll upload a longer chapter on Thursday because I don't have school.  Only four more chapters until the climax!》

《lol I lied, I meant three》