36

I'm keeping guard, watching over the forest as I do everyday since we really got here. My mind isn't completely with me but that's fine. As long as no Grounders come and sneak past me, then it's all okay.

"Hello, my pretty girl." Jasper says cheekily, kissing my cheek as he stands next to me. I turn to face him, the big smile he always manages to put on my face prominent.

"You're distracting me." I tell him, turning back to face the forest. It's funny how we didn't particularly tell anyone about us, we just not hiding it either. Monty has given me some weird looks throughout the day but didn't ask.

"What if I just like distracting you?" I raise my eyebrows and turn my whole body towards him. He smirks, getting cheekier by the minute.

"Well then we'll both have a problem. If Bellamy or Clarke catches you here, you'll be the meat in our next meal." He laughs, nudging my side.

"I just like being next to my Girlfriend." He replies, accentuating the girlfriend part. I chuckle. Our conversation gets cut short by screams coming from camp. Jasper and I take one worried look at each other before turning around and running back inside. The place we kept the meat is burning up in flames.

"Bel, now what the hell are we gonna do?" Octavia asks, looking up at her older brother. "That was all the food." I grab Jasper's hand, squeezing it a little as we watch the fire.

***

Morning arrives, I walk up to the tent Monty shares with my boyfriend. Oeh, that sounds nice. Boyfriend. Anyways, I get inside and look at the two getting ready by putting their shoes on.

"Never heard of knocking?" Monty asks teasingly, knowing I used to ask them the same thing when they would burst inside my room on the Ark.

"No, and neither have you too." I reply, sitting down next to Jasper and seeing him smirk at me.

"Seriously, you two have been acting so weird lately, weirder than normal and your normal is weird already." Monty says, making Jasper and I laugh. "What's going on?" My boyfriend and I look at each other and nod.

He raises his hand and I put mine inside of his, now looking at Monty who's slowly putting the puzzle pieces together. His eyes widen as he points at us, his jaw dropped.

"No way! You- and you?" Jasper nods. "When, what, how?" We laugh watching as our best friend freaks out.

"We'll answer those questions one by one." I tell him. "Yesterday on my late birthday." I reply to his first question which was when.

"Second, we're together, like boyfriend-girlfriend together." Jasper adds, answering Monty's second question.

"Oh and, he told me he liked me and I kissed him." I reply for the last question. Monty smiles and gets over to us, hugging us tightly. We all laugh.

"Finally! Thank God!" He screams, we push him away to breathe. "Now I don't have to listen to both of your rants about how nice the other looks today." We glare at him.

"Wait, both of us?" I ask. "You knew he liked me and you never said anything?" Monty realizes his mistake and gets up, running out of the tent. Jasper and I get up too, racing after him. We stop at the burned restants of where we kept the meat.

"What are we gonna do?" Jasper asks, looking down at the ash.

"Bellamy said we're going hunting." I reply.

"What?" Jasper asks, making me turn to face him. "You're going too?" I nod softly.

"Jasper, I'm one of the best shooters in camp, and so are you."

"Correction, she is the best shooter in camp." Monty says, making me smile.

"You heard him. I have to go, besides. I can't stay here, it's been way to long since I left camp again." Jasper nods overdramatically.

"Yes because last time you got your head smashed in by a Grounder." I frown.

"That wasn't the last time." I tell him. "Last time I got a cut in my finger from the metal of the Exodus ship we visited."

"That's what I meant, you somehow always get yourself in trouble." Jasper replies.

"It was just a small cut." I reason.

"Malin, you know what I mean."

"I do, but Jasper, you gotta have to live with it. You have a very reckless and stupid girlfriend."

"Mostly clumsy but yeah, you're right." Raven stops, staring at us.

"Wait, did I hear girlfriend?" I look at her, my hand in Jasper's still. "And you didn't tell me?"

"They only told me this morning as well." Monty adds, crossing his arms over his chest just like Raven had done.

"We only got together yesterday." I reply, making them laugh.

***

"Each group takes someone with a gun." Bellamy commands as I grab one, getting together with a small group. Unfortunately with Jasper also being a relatively good shooter, we weren't allowed in the same group, they needed both of us ready with guns.

I walk up to Jones and Alec, two people who I would have the guard with. We come along pretty nicely and they are very strong guys, so I guess it's all easy to do. Hopefully we'll get some food.

"Get what you can and be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark." Bellamy adds, we walk outside. I look at Jasper who nods at me. I nod back and my group leaves camp. We wander through the woods for a moment, trying to look out for grounders.

"You know, I really want to know how you two got arrested, I mean, we're out here anyways. Let's make it fun." Alec says softly, making sure not to raise his voice too much in case animals are around.

"I got myself arrested on purpose to protect my friends down here, what about you two?" Jones chuckles at my words, grabbing his spear tightly.

"Attemted murder," He turns around and looks at us. "But I didn't do it, they said I did but I would never. He was a friend of mine, I was framed." I nod, continuing our walk.

I believe him, in the time I had get to know Jones, he's been a real nice guy. Never would I think he could murder someone, not even a Grounder if it came to it. Alec on the other hand...

"I stole stuff on markets every week. My family was poor so whenever the market started, I would get stuff, mostly food, to survive. I got caught after a while, my mom would've probably died from starvation." I have sympathy for the both of them, they never wanted this, I did.