32

A couple of hours pass, I feel a whole lot better. Everything that hurted before, doesn't anymore, I don't throw up blood and can move pretty much alone. It's a relief to be honest. I sit up, John stops me, holding onto my arm.

"I'm feeling better, I wanna help." I tell him, he looks me up and down, checking for any sign of hurt or pain. When he can't find any, he nods.

"Sure, but take it slow." I nod, letting him help me to get up. Right as I'm back on my feet, Finn walks inside with Clarke in his arms.

"Here, she can have this bed. I'm better." I tell them. Octavia who also walked inside, hugs me.

"What else did Lincoln tell you?" Finn asks, Octavia pulls away from me and turns to him.

"The virus doesn't last long."

"It's true." John says. "We're already feeling better." He points between us.

"Anything else we need to know?" I ask.

"The Grounders are attacking at first light." Finn explains quickly, I look at the two of them feeling my heart sink. We ain't winning a battle if everyone is sick.

"They need to stay hydrated." Clarke says, wanting to get up but getting stopped by the guy that carried her in.

"You need to stay hydrated." He tells her. Octavia gives Clarke a bit of water before she turns to me with a soft smile.

"By the way, if you're feeling better, you should talk to Jasper." I frown. "Don't you know? He was crying five minutes ago because he thought you would die." I immediately turn around, walking outside. I see a lot of people stare at me.

"Go back inside. You're gonna kill all of us." Someone in the back screams at me.

"Shut up asshole, I'm already better. The virus doesn't last long." I say back, seeing Jasper walking up to me. I hold my hands up, making him stop. I don't want him to get sick just because I might be feeling better. He indeed has tear stained eyes.

"Malin, I'm so sorry for all the stupid things I've said. I don't know what overcame me but I didn't mean any of it." He says. "You and Monty are my best friends, I would never want to lose you." I swallow, tasting blood when I do. Disgusting.

"It's all right." I clam my stomach, Jasper sets a step forward but I stop him, not letting him come close. "I might still be weak, stay away." He shakes his head softly. The metalic taste of blood returns when I swallow again, my stomach turning. I fall towards the ground, Jasper keeping me up, preventing me from actually hitting it.

"I got you." He whispers, helping me walk back inside the dropship.

"Dumbass." I mumble to him. We enter and John who was previously helping someone else comes running up to us.

"What the hell happened?" He asks, I shake my head, opening my mouth and coughing up some blood. I pull myself together.

"Guess I wasn't that much better after all." I reply, sitting down on the floor of the drop ship. "Jasper, you better hope you are immune like Finn and Octavia." John gets up, continuing to help Octavia while Jasper stays with me.

"I'm so sorry for letting all of this happen to you while you were the one to save my life." Jasper tells me, rubbing up and down my arm. "I've been a real dick, huh?"

"Yeah, anyways, you and Harper?" I raise my eyebrows while saying it but get interrupted when I cough. I raise my arm so the blood only spills on my sleeve.

"Harper is nobody, really. She's weird and annoying at times." I smile weakly. "By the way, they're going to blow up a bridge." I stare at him.

"And you're here? Shouldn't you go and help them?" I ask, looking at him for a moment.

"No, I should really stay with you-" I cut him off, placing my hand on his arm.

"Jasper, they need you more than me." He shakes his head. I sigh, remembering something that would change his mind. "I have a deal for you." He looks at me. "You go and help with the bomb and the bridge and I promise when you're back, I will be just like before. Healthy and joking with you." I raise my hand, my pinkie finger showing. He smiles.

"Okay then." He hooks our pinkie fingers together and hugs me before getting up and walking outside. I cough again, leaning back. John squats down next to me, smirking.

"You and goggle boy?" I shrug, not exactly feeling an all time good. "I think I've found something you would like to have." I frown but smile when I see the goggles in his hand. "You dropped them when Bellamy carried you inside."

"Bellamy?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

"He cares about you a lot, you know that right?" John asks, handing me the goggles which I gladly take.

"Bellamy is a jerk." He nods, patting my shoulder and getting up again. But he helped me.

***

They had brought Bellamy inside a couple hours ago, I started helping around even though John still didn't want me too. He told me to take it slow, but I simply wanted to help. Giving people water and rolling them on their sides was the only thing I could do, so I was gonna do it.

Octavia has walked outside not long ago, Clarke, John and I helped around. It was a real cricus, but I haven't felt weak anymore in the past hour. It's almost dawn and I could only hope that Jasper and finn pull off the bomb on the bridge.

"He still doesn't trust me." John says, glaring at Bellamy. I sigh nodding at him.

"I know, he's an idiot and we know it. We don't have to like him, John." He smiles and looks at me.

"It's been a while since I heard someone call me that." I grin, nudging his side.

"Yeah? Well, get used to it. It's the only name I'll call you." He nods. "Oh and I love the nickname cockroach." He sighs. We hear a loud explosion, I smile. "They did it." I say, happily.