25

I watch as Monty walks out of the tent, he had just a moment to talk with his parents which means that now it's my turn. I pass him, he smiles at me and I smile back, walking inside and taking the headset.

A moment passes, I'm getting nervous. What am I supposed to talk about? I should probably apologize for getting myself arrested. I fiddle with the sleeves of my shirt, watching the screen that Monty and Raven had put together. My dad appears, a smile effectively on my face.

"Dad!" I say in a happy childish tone.

"Hey Malin." He replies, looking at me, my smile reflects on his face. "How are you?"

"Dad, I'm so sorry for getting arrested and all that. I really didn't mean to." He hushes me, shaking his head.

"It's all right, I'm just happy you're still alive and healthy." I chuckle, remembering the concussion I had yesterday. It's over now, of course. I'm doing way better.

"I'm getting myself in these situations where I'm always injured one way or another." He laughs, nodding at my words.

"Sounds like you." I laugh now too. "How are you dealing with Wells' dead?" He asks. I look down, pausing for a moment.

"I'm managing. I'm not alone of course. I wish you were here though, everything would've been so much easier if you were here." He nods.

"I know kiddo, but I'll be there soon. Then you can tell me all about whatever is going on down there." He winks when he says that, I frown.

"What is it? You're acting weirder than normal. And your normal is weird already." I reply, watching as my dad tries not to laugh.

"I heard you're having a bit of trouble with love." I watch him burst out laughing, how he knows about Jasper? No idea, but he sure finds this hilarious. "I mean, it's obviously terrible how he doesn't even see you but it's also kind of funny."

"Mhm, yeah, okay. Is that it or are you gonna make some more fun of me?" He stops laughing, shaking his head and raising one hand in surrender.

"No, you'll be fine. You're strong." His face is getting red as he tries to stay serious. "Anyways, I love you Malin. Stay alive, okay?" I nod.

"I love you too, dad." I hear him laugh again.

"Jasper." He wheezes. "My daughter and Jasper." I see him get up. I pull off the headset, enough of being made fun of and walk outside, nodding to Monroe who is going now.

"Yo, Malin! You're on watch." I nod, strolling over to the wall, checking my pocket for my gun and grabbing onto the machete something I will never lose of course. Jasper soon walks up to me with his hands full of nuts.

"Here, eat some."

"No, thanks. I don't really like nuts that much." Last time I ate them, I threw them back up. Maybe it had something to do with the concussion but I take no risks.

"There is not much else to eat." He replies.

"Yeah, I'll see if I get hungry, but I'm doing good for now." He winks before walking away again. Damn. Being on watch might be the most annoying and boring thing ever but I am the only one with a gun which means that for now at least, no one else would be better to do it.

I lean back, getting reminded of when John Murphy talked to me, when we were talking about Jasper and more weird stuff that was going on. When he saved my life by pulling me inside the dropship meanwhile I let him get banished. Maybe I wasn't the bestest friend after all.

I watch Bellamy and Clarke walk up to me with backpacks. The frown on my face tells them all they need to know but I ask anyways, before they leave completely.

"Where are you two going?" I ask, looking at mostly Clarke.

"Finding something from the Ark. There might be some stuff we can use." I nod, holding my gun out so she can take it. "No, you'll need it more. Hold it for when camp gets attacked."

"All right, have fun." I tell her before she nods and leaves with Bellamy right after her. He looks at the drop ship for a moment so do I, Octavia is standing there and walks back inside. I don't know how much time passes but Alec turns up, tapping on my shoulder, making me look at him.

"You're turn to rest." I smile at him and walk away. I'm heading straight to the drop ship, and watch as Miller comes down.

"You watch the Grounder for a few moments, I need to talk to Roma's parents." I nod, climbing up to the top and looking at him. Then where is Octavia? The hatch opens again and she climbs out of it. Oh there.

"Hey, O. What's up?"

"Can I see him? Please?" I nod, not caring enough to get her away. Besides, if she wants to see him then she does. "Thank you so much." She hugs me, and then walks over to him, letting him drink. "Sorry I haven't seen you since everything happened." She tells him. "My brother's been keeping me away, good for me, my friend keeps guard now."

"Thanks for involving me." I tell her, making her chuckle.

"Bellamy is a total dick which you probably already figured out." The Grounders smiles at that. "You do understand me, I knew it." She puts down the water. "At least let me get you cleaned up quick." I walk over to her as she takes off her jacket.

"What did he do to be here?" I ask more myself than her, I hand her a wet cloth, she smiles at me and takes it, starting to clean his wounds. I walk back and sit down, watching them closely.

"This is all my fault because I freaked out so bad when you locked me up in that cave." Octavia tell him. "You'd totally understand why if you knew how I grew up." I look down.

"My name..." I look back up, watching him speak. "...Is Lincoln." Holy shit.