05

I stand there, looking around for a moment. I breathe in deeply, enjoying the fresh open air. I look up, staring at the almost clear blue sky, a smile unconciously on my face. Unbelievable, we made it. We're alive. My thoughts get interrupted by the boy that wanted to fight Wells earlier.

"What are you smiling at?" I look at him, seeing as he looks up to the sky as well and taking in the beautiful blue color.

"I'm smiling at nature, can I? By the way, don't you have fights to start?" He chuckles, shaking his head lightly.

"I don't really start fights, I just finish them." I nod, not really impressed. "I'm John Murphy." He has his hand out for me to shake.

"Malin Sinclair." I reply, shaking his hand.

"I know, I think everyone knows who you are."

"Is that a good or bad thing?" I ask, making him laugh softly.

"Yo Mecha girl, coming?" I sigh turning to John and smiling apologetically.

"Sorry, gotta go." He nods and I start walking towards the others. I now realize that the spacewalker is the one who called me.

"Finn, where you trying to take this off?" Clarke asks spacewalker, referring to the wristband.

"Yeah, so?"

"So this wristband transmits your vital signs to the Ark. Take it off, and they'll think you're dead."

"Should I care?" Finn asks back.

"Well I don't know. You want the people you love to think you're dead? Do you want them to follow you here in two months? Because they won't if they think we're dying." Clarke explains. "Okay, now lets go."

I follow Jasper and Monty who apparently also come along with Clarke, Finn, Octavia and I. We walk towards the woods, my hand resting on the gun in my pocket. I can't forget it's there, it could be handy.

Clarke soon walks in front of the rest of us, I stay behind with Monty and Jasper, looking around at the beauty this Earth has to offer. Finn and Octavia, who also came along last minute stop at a flower bush in front of us.

Finn stops, taking one of those purple flowers and putting it behind Octavia's ear in her hair. She smiles at him and Jasper stops us. He takes one of them too, mimicking Finn's actions and putting one of them flowers in my hair.

"Now that, my friend, is game." Jasper says, stroking my hair when the flower is stuck into it.

"That, my friend, is poinon sumac." Monty replies, making Octavia shried and smash the flower out of her hair. I laugh softly, knowing they ain't really toxic.

"What, it is?"

"The flowers aren't poisonous. They're medicinal. Calming actually." Monty explains.

"Also used as anestethic." I add, Monty raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that too." He agrees, smiling.

"His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on the Ark." Finn explains to Octavia.

"Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" Clarke asks, looking at the five of us.

"Come on, Clarke. How do you block all this out?" Finn asks, pointing around.

"Well, it's simple. I wonder, why haven't we seen any animals?" She asks, making me a little suspicious now too. "Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. It sure is pretty though, come on." She starts walking away.

"Someone should slip her some poison sumac." Octavia comments, making Jasper and Finn laugh.

"She didn't use to be so serious all the time." I add, following the group again.

"You knew her from the Ark?" Finn asks, pointing at Clarke.

"Of course, privilidged people hang out with privilidged people." Octavia says, not even giving me a glance.

"Oh, I'm sorry that the way I was born is an inconvenience for you but it would be nice if you kept you're stupid uncreative privilidge comments for yourself. Thank you." I reply, my voice dripping from sarcasm.

"Excuse m? I don't think you had to hide your entire life under the floor and then got locked up for existing." She tells me, turning to face me finally.

"You're right, I haven't. But you should know that constantly being hated for the way you are born shouldn't happen either, yet here you are calling me out for something out of my control."

"You're father should've fought more to stop them from sending us down."

"Don't you talk about my father." I reply, ready to punch her when Jasper holds onto my hand to stop me.

"Guys! Please stop." Finn says, coming inbetween Octavia and I. "We're supposed to be friends." I scoff, pulling my hand away from Jasper's and walking past them on my way to catch up with Clarke.

After a while of walking without anyone really talking to each other, Finn thought it would be nice to put up a conversation again.

"I gotta know what you two did to get busted."

"Sumac's not the only herb in the garden. If you know what I mean." Monty explains.

"Someone forgot to replace what we took."

"Someone apologized 1000 times."

Clarke suddenly pulls me down, I look at her and frown but she puts her finger in front of her mouth to sign that I have to be quiet. She nods in a direction, I follow it and see what must be a deer. The others soon catch up, looking at the beautiful animal, sniffing around.

"No animals, huh?" Finn whispers, a big smile on his face. He slowly gets a little bit closer to the creature. His feet snapping a branch. The deer's head shoots up, revealing another head being very much bruised. We all gasp in shock watching the deer run away.