21

I returned to my tent after the fireworks but Octavia didn't come. I waited a couple minutes but camp seemed to be empty. Bellamy pulls open the flap of the tent and looks at me, I glare at him.

"Never learned how to knock?"

"Octavia?" He asks. I sigh.

"She isn't here, dumbass." He glares at me too.

"Then where is she?" I get up and walk over to him outside, his torch illuminating our faces.

"Like I know. Isn't it your task to take care of her, oh wait no, you're just a selfish bastard who only cares about himself."

"Are you done? I'm trying to figure out where my sister is." I look away from him, not wanting to see his face no more. "Look Malin, I'm sorry." I turn to face him.

"Don't bother, as I said, I will never forgive you."

"It wasn't just my fault." Bellamy tells me as I walk away. "If Clarke had listened to me..."

"You kicked the boxes." I say, right in his face. "I understand why you kicked Murphy's but mine? Why the hell would you do that? And I thought you cared about me."

I do, I do care about you."

"Save that speech for someone who would believe you. Now leave me be. I'm not that caring, soft girl from the Ark anymore." I continue walking, my mind now working overhours with the thought of Octavia. I bump into someone. "Oh, sorry."

"Hey, hey." Jasper replies, looking down at me. "What has gotten you so fed up, huh?" I sigh, looking behind me at Bellamy who walks away. Jasper nods. "Oh that."

"Not just that, Octavia is gone. She wasn't in our tent, I think something happened." Jasper looks around, my gaze falling on Monty and waving him over. "Have you seen Octavia?"

"Yeah, yesterday night. Why?"

"Very funny, she is gone. We need to find her."

***

"Everybody, gather around." Bellamy demands, we all wait for him to say something. Of course I'm not helping for him, Octavia is my friend, maybe now even best friend. Don't want to lose her. "Grab a weapon." I look down at my gun, and take the machete Murphy had made for me before he got banished. "My sister has been out there for 12 hours, arm up. We're not coming back without her."

"Malin." I turn around and face Monty. "I know you have to go since your in the guard team but, please be careful out there."

"Of course, besides, someone needs to keep an eye out for Jasper too, am I right?" He nods, not completely convinced. "Monty, I will come back, I promise."

"In one piece, please." I laugh, nodding.

"In one piece." He nods, hugging me and then letting me go with the group. I walk next to Jasper, holding his hand and smiling at him. "Listen up, I won't let you die."

"You have to look out for yourself." He says, I scoff.

"I can look out for the both of us." We stop, everbody is looking up, I do too, seeing a lot of twinkling lights. Clarke stops next to me.

"They didn't work." Raven says, walking up to us too.

"A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy asks.

"It's not a meteor shower. It's a funeral. Hundreds of bodied being returned to Earth from the Ark." My heart drops. "This is what it looks like from here. They didn't get our message."

"This is all because of you." Raven says, walking up to Bellamy but she gets stopped by Clarke.

"I helped you find the radio."

"Yeah! After you jacked it from my pod and trashed it."

"Yeah, he knows. Now he has to live with it." I turn to Jasper when I feel a slight squeeze in my hand.

"Do you think any of our parents were in that group?" He asks me.

"Well, it sure as hell wouldn't have been my father." I reply. They start walking out of camp. Jasper and I wait for Finn to catch up with us.

"Let's find Octavia and be over with it." Finn says, passing us.

***

Someone screams and points down the hill. Another person gives Bellamy a rope and a flashlight. Bellamy goes down, trying to figure out what exactly it is.

"It's hers." He screams. Jasper follows first, I straight after. If my friend is out there somewhere I will find her. We look at Bellamy and the blood on his fingers. "Someone else was here."

"The prints are deeper going that way." Finn says, pointing forward.

"Then what are we waiting for?" I ask, getting up and getting pulled back by Finn.

"He was carrying her, and you, stop being reckless." I raise my hands in surrender.

"If they took her she's alive." Jasper says. Bellamy goes first again, the rest of us following quickly. Not everyone went down the hill, some cowards went back to camp. After a moment we stop, seeing the most discusting path with dead bodies everywhere.

"I don't speak Grounder." Finn says. "But I'm pretty sure this means, keep out." Some people walk back.

"Go back if you want. My sister, my responsability." Bellamy comments and continues walking.

"I'd go through hell to find her." Jasper says following.

"Yeah, hopefully it doesn't take that much." I reply, following too with Finn right behind me. We're now just a small group, continuing our search.

The sun had already gotten up, this was taking a little longer than all of us expected. The walk through the woods seems endless and the prints aren't that obvious anymore. I hold Jasper's hand again.

"Hey, where's John?" A girl asks, looking around. We all look back.

"I saw him a second ago." Jasper says.

"Spread out." Bellamy tells us. "He couldn't have gotten that far." Suddenly a body falls from the tree. John, his throat slid open, the boy dead.

"They use the trees." Finn concludes, looking up.

"We shouldn't have crossed the boundary."

"Now can we go back?"

"There. Right there." Jasper points at one of the Grounders.

"There's more, we're surrounded." I state.

"We should run." Finn says. Which we do, all of us running through the forest. "Just keep running!"

"I'm sick of running." Bellamy says, we look around as we stop. Someone of us screams.

"Roma!" We run again, a tripwire taking out a boy of our group as Roma continues running. We stop.

"They're leading us here." Jasper comments. "It's the only direction we can run in."

"Just look out for eventual tripwires." I tell them. I look around. "Roma!" I scream and start running again. "Roma!"

"Malin!!" Bellamy screams, following me. I stop, seeing one of our group, a blonde boy on the ground in front of me, blood spilling from his mouth.

"Oh no." I whisper.

"Come on, we need to get to Roma!" I don't walk along, trying to keep my tears in. Bellamy pulls on my arm, dragging me with him. We follow the screams.

"No! We're all gonna die!" I scream back.

"Malin come on, please." I turn to face Bellamy, tears finally escaping my eyes. "I'm sorry." I nod, knowing this wasn't his fault. "We have to go, we'll get through this."

"Yeah," I breathe out. "lets go then."