23

"You guys really don't have to be here." I tell Jasper and Monty as I'm sick in bed with a cold. They shake their heads, Jasper putting a wet cloth on my forehead to help the fever.

"We will always take care of you, Malin. Now stop being a child and take some rest." Jasper replies, I smile softly.

"You're acting like I'm dying."

"Well, who knows?" Monty asks. I gasp, watching him hide his smile. "I just meant that doctor Griffin said that you needed to rest."

"Yeah, she said rest alone, you guys can get sick because of me."

"That will not happen, our immune systems are way better than yours." Jasper jokes.

Yeah, they ended up being sick for two weeks after they took care of me, it was fun to take care of them too but absolutely hilarious to tease them about it.

-----

I wake up, the sound of storm rushing over camp and people screaming makes my head spin. I sit up, looking around at many people sitting around. I yawn, deciding to go check on everyone.

I climb down the ladder. I make my way to Raven who is repeating the same sentence over and over again in the radio which looks like she fixed it.

"How are you?" Clarke asks me, looking at the back of my head.

"I'm good, really." She nods, going back to Finn and checking out his wound. I nod at Raven, she nods back before holding onto the microphone again. I walk over to her, standing next to her.

"Ark Station, please come in. I'm on the ground with the Hundred." She repeats. "We need you." I put my hand on her shoulder, making sure that she calms down a little, seeing as her boyfriend is the one injured. "Are you there? Please come in."

"This is a restricted channel." My father's voice sounds, I smile looking at Raven. "Who is this? Please identify yourself." She nods at me, handing me the microphone, telling me to talk.

"Dad? It's me, Malin Sinclair."

"Malin?" I smile, looking up hopeful. "Thank God you're alive."

"We need doctor Griffin, one of us is injured." I tell them.

"Hang on, Malin. We're trying to boost your signal." I hug Raven, tears from happiness streaming down my face at hearing my father's voice again.

"Malin, Raven. Are you there?" Abby's voice sounds now.

"Mom?" Clarke asks, now taking over the microphone. Raven pats my back, smiling up at me. I pull away, relief filling my entire body.

"Mom, I need your help. One of our people was stabbed by a Grounder." Clarke says.

"Clarke, this is the Chancellor. Are you saying there are survivors on the ground?" Jaha asks.

"Yes." She replies. "The Earth is survivable. We're not alone. Mom he's dying. The knife's still in his chest."

"Clarke. Is my son with you?" Jaha asks, I look at her, seeing her expression fall.

"I'm so sorry. Wells is-- Wells is dead." She breathes out. Silence.

"I'm gonna talk you through it, step by step." Abby says, Clarke waves me over. I get to the other side of Finn.

"Clarke-- to get to Medical." Abby's voice cuts off.

"What? Raven what's wrong?"

"It's not the radio, it's the storm." Raven explains.

"Clarke, we need to hurry."

"The storm is getting worse, Monroe close the doors."

"We still have people out there." She reasons.

"Jasper and Monty aren't back yet. And neither is Bellamy." Octavia adds.

"They'll find somewhere to ride it out." Clarke explains. I look down at Finn, seeing the blood almost drip out of him.

"Bellamy!" Octavia says, as the boys walk inside. The Grounder behind them. They throw him on the ground. "What are you doing?"

"It's time to get some answers."

"You mean revenge?" Octavia asks.

"I mean intel. Get him upstairs." Bellamy commands. Two people carry him up.

"Clarke, honey, we're ready. Can you hear me?" Abby says through the radio. Clarke soon comes up to the radio, explaining every detail to her mom.

"The radio works?" Monty asks, coming up to me.

"I talked to my dad. He's okay, he's alive." Monty smiles, hugging me. Jasper wraps his arms around us too, forming a big groupshug.

"The blade is at a sharp upward angle, between the sixth and seventh ribs."

"How deep?"

"I can't tell how deep it goes."

"That's all right. Don't remove the knife." I look at her, she breathes out.

"Here, steralize your hands." Clarke says, handing me Monty's moonshine. I pull away from the boys, I open the lid and spill some over my hands.

"Do you see any fluid?" Abby asks. Some people start fighting each other.

"Clear the room, Malin you stay here." I nod, watching Raven tell everyone to get upstairs. "He feels a little warm."

"That's all right. Fever sometimes accompanies the trauma." Abby replies. "Clarke, I need you to tell me if there is any fluid leaking from the wound." She inspects it.

"No."

"Plural membrane's intact. That's good, it's actually really good. He got lucky." We breathe out as Raven whispers something to him, still I'm not a big help.

"Clarke, I don't think I'm the biggest help to be honest." I say, trying to distract her from Raven talking to her boyfriend.

"You're strong, we're gonna need that." She replies.

"Okay, Clarke, take a firm grip on the knife." Abby commands. "You need to angle it upward and to the left very slightly as it exits the rib cage."

"How very slightly?"

"Three milimeters. Any more would be bad, any less too." Jackson replies for us.

"I got it." She looks at me. "Hold him down, try not to make him move, all right? The storm is messing us up a bit." I nod, placing my hands on Finn's chest, leaning some of my weight so he's in place. "Here it goes."

"Steady hand, Clarke. You've assisted me on trickier proceidures than this." Abby says. "And once that knife is out, the hard part is over." The drop ship rumbles, now I understand why she needs me to hold Finn down.

"All right, extracting now." Clarke says, gripping onto the knife. Raven looks at me, I nod.

"He's waking up." Raven says, looking at Finn. His eyes open.

"Hold him still." I do. "We're gonna get that knife out of you, okay? Finn, you can't move. You got it?" Clarke says. "Okay, here it goes. Almost got it, hold still."

A surprise rumble knocks all of us to the ground. I get up and look at Clarke who has the knife in her hands, then at Finn who's alive.

"It's out." Raven screams. "She did it."