Chapter Nine

~•Nikki's POV•~

I woke up on the couch with Niall's arms wrapped around me, I looked up to see him smiling down at me "Good morning love" he said.

"Good morning" I smiled back " So why did we stay on the couch?"

"Well you looked just so darn cute, I didn't want to move you!" He gave a small but noticeable smirk afterwards.

"Well aren't you cute but I'm pretty sure a bed would've been more comfortable to sleep on"

"Wait so are you saying that I'm not comfortable!" he held his hand over his heart and put a hurt look on his face.

"I didn't say that" I laughed "All I said was that a bed would've been more comfortable. . . I was comparing it to the couch"

"Oh, yeah I knew that" he was trying to play it off cool.

"Sure you did. . . I'm gonna take a shower, make breakfast?" I asked knowing he would because well, he loves food.

"Sure, what do you want?"

"Pancakes! Oh and don't eat them all before I get any" I stated. He stuck his tongue out at me and walked over to the little kitchen while I walked into the bathroom and locked the door.

I decided to let my hair air dry into the wavy/curly blonde locks that I have. I grabbed my phone and saw I had a text and a missed call but no voicemail. I opened the text, it was from Margaret, wow I have talked to her in a while.

*Text Convo*

Margaret: hey Chica where have ya been??

Me: Sorry girly I've been hanging with Niall, did I ever tell you he's on the X Factor or did you see?

Margaret: I saw, that's what I wanted to talk to you about, coffee at Starbucks in 10?

Me: Wouldn't miss it, see you then :D

Margaret: Alrighty I love you!!

Me: I love you too!!

*End of Text Convo*

"So are you coming with me to rehearsals today too?" Niall asked me.

"I wish I could but I can't, I'm meeting Margaret at Starbucks in a little bit" I said then gave him a fake pout.

"Oh, well do you wanna meet up afterwards?"

"Yeah I'd love to!"

"Cool ill text you the details" he smiled, why couldn't he just ask me out already? Oh yeah, that's right, we decided we were going to try the friends thing because of all the paps.

"Well I'll see you later today then"

"Okay" he wrapped me in a hug and then I said goodbye and walked down to Starbucks that was right down the road.

I was here before Margaret but I spotted Liam so got my white chocolate mocha coffee and sat down across from him.

"Fancy seeing you here" I said in a posh accent.

"Oh hey! Why aren't you with Niall?" He asked quizzically.

"Well one, we aren't dating so I don't have to be with him 24/7 and two I'm meeting my friend Margaret here" I stated.

"I don't know why you guys don't date, you're always flirting and well it's clear that you guys like each other."

"I know but we agreed on being friends because with all the attention from the public he doesn't want me to get hurt"