Chapter Eight

Kara and I talked the whole time the boys were rehearsing but I couldn't help but let my mind wander occasionally. I thought back to how Niall didn't tell me he was put into a band. Was I mad? No, not really. Was I upset that he was placed in the band with someone I haven't seen in years? Yea sorta. Why? Well that's a long story being saved for later.

"So how do you know Niall? Is he your boyfriend?" Kara and I decided to play 20 questions so we could get to know each other better.

"No he's not my boyfriend" I gave her a smile "I met him on his first day in London before he auditioned, we're just friends though. Uhm so who here do you know?"

"I'm here with Harry, I've known him since we were 10 and I've been dating him for the past year." She stated with a smile "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Nope" I said popping the 'p'

"Ohmigosh! You and Niall should totally go out then!" She exclaimed and I could tell our game was over because we were going to talk about my "love life" now.

"No! I can't" I laughed.

"And why not? You guys would be perfect for each other" She was really trying to persuade me.

"And how is this true? We only met about a month and a half ago and he's becoming more and more famous by the minute, I could never date him." I think I was trying to convince myself more than I was Kara.

"Who can't you date?" I froze, my back was to the person but only Kara was supposed to hear that. I looked at Kara who was giving me a nod telling me it wasn't Niall. I turned around slowly only to see Zayn standing right in front of me.

Great! Zayn heard me, I wouldn't have minded if maybe it was Liam or I don't know. . . anyone else! But nope it was Zayn.

I turned back around to Kara "So yea, I just can't" I knew they were finished rehearsals so I was trying to hint to Kara that I wanted to go somewhere else to talk.

"Oh, well okay, hey do you want to go get some lunch?" She asked, yup she understood me.

"Yea that sounds great just let me go grab my bag from the dressing room."

I walked down the hall and into the dressing room. I found my bag on the couch and walked over to pick it up. When I turned around I jumped at who I saw standing in the doorway, "What do you want?"

"I want to know why we can't put the past behind us" Zayn stated, I wasn't sure but I think I saw a bit of hurt flash in his eyes for a minute.

"Because what you did. . . the damage you caused. . . that will never heal. You know what I'm talking about too."

~Flashback~

"I'm sorry Nikki, I just don't think we should be together anymore" Zayn's voice rang through my thoughts.

"But why? I thought you loved me?!" I screamed at him.

We had dated for 2 years! We were 15 when we started dating and now we were 17. It was summer time after Junior Year and he was breaking up with me. That wasn't the worst part though.

The worst part was the days following the break up over the summer. Every time I saw Zayn he was with his friends. They all bullied me, everyday. Zayn did too. How can someone go from being in love with you to being your bully and worst enemy?

Friends, that's how. His friends encouraged him to do so.

I walked home from work everyday, I would go straight to the bathroom that was connected to my room. I would reach for that razor and no matter what, no matter how much will power I tried to muster up, I couldn't stop myself. I would run the sharp blade across the smooth skin on my wrist one, two, sometimes even three times. I would watch the crimson red color drip down my wrist and hand and fall into the sink. Then I would clean it off and cover it. I would wear long sleeve shirts or tons of bracelets to hide the cuts.