Victory

Crowds all across the world gathered in any and every public space. People were cheering and yelling. Celebrations and parties were being set up worldwide. Mothers cried over their returning boys and husbands. Young lovers kissed and embraced. Pubs and bars were opened all night and gave away free drinks. Restaurants were overflowing. The train stations and airports were packed It seemed the entire world was celebrating the recent end of the World War. Yet in the midst of it all one group stood in silent reverence.

The Howling Commandos had been commended on their work and received many honors and awards. Some were asked to speak at some big gatherings. Others visited schools as war heroes. But tonight for them was for remembering their fallen friends. They stood together in a bar. All around them people celebrated.

"To the Captain, the Guardian, and Barnes," Jim said grimly.

The others nodded raising their glasses. On the other side of the world, Howard Stark was hard at work still. He and his team combed through the icy waters trying to find the crash sight. Their equipment scourged the floors of the ocean.

"Sir," one of the scientists called over.

Howard walked over to see what he was looking at. The machine had found a strange glowing blue cube.

"Head to the next grid point," he commanded the captain.

"But sir, there's no trance of reckage," the scientist argued, "And the energy surges stop here."

"Keep looking," Howards sighed.

Near the old battlefield, the last of the strategy teams was packing up. Peggy and the other ladies were filing away the last of their papers. The General came over and set two folders next to Peggy. She looked down at it in confusion. They both had 'classified' stamped over them. She picked the top one up and opened it. Inside were Steve's files. She moved the picture over a bit and smiled at the sight of Steve pre-serum. This war had changed all of them, hopefully it would be for the better.