63: Lexi

Thanks to Jueka1amiva0402, and brightyeolie for your comments and sticking around.

I'm still writing for you guys D:

Managed to whip up another. I'll upload them as I write them now I suppose...

Sorry if there's typos. Please just leave a comment with an asterisk if you spot one instead of adding emojis to it because it doesn't help my self-doubt when it seems like the comment is in jest... I hate writing a story that I haven't had the chance to thoroughly edit.

ENJOY MORE FLYNN

____

When Callie rounded the corner from her maths class to head to our usual lunch spot, the last person I expected to be walking beside her was him.

Curly brown locks even longer than I last saw, eyes still pooling with sadness, he continued to plead with an ever-grumpy, not-so-welcoming Callie who was pushing her chair with such speed towards us.

"For the last time, Flynn," she said, finally in hearing distance.

Sara had paused now too, noticing who had returned to school, watching the pair as intently as me, probably also wondering if we should intrude or let it play out.

"I don't want to talk to you," Callie finished.

"I get that," he said back, "And I get you will take a while to forgive me. But please tell me what happened. I come back and you're in your chair again with your—"

"What happened is absolutely none of your business."

"Of course it's my business! I care about you and I'm worried."

Callie scoffed and continued to push her chair away from him.

But Flynn kept pace.

"Worried about me? So when something is wrong with me, I'm obligated to explain and talk it out with you. But the moment you face struggles, you're permitted to just up and leave?" She came to a pause, hands gripping the wheels. "Please... just disappear again. I don't want to look at you. I don't want to even think for a moment that you're back. Just leave things how they were and... stay out of my life."

He hesitated a moment, wincing at her blows. But the determination kicked right back into his stare as quickly as it left before. "I shouldn't have just... cut you off, Callie. I know that, but—"

"Please, Flynn," my sister said. While she may have been turned towards us and away from him, he didn't need to be looking at her face to hear the tears in her voice. "I really don't want to talk to anyone of the male species right now."

"Why?" he said softly.

"I don't owe you an explanation," she wavered.

And as the tears slowly started to come down my sister's face, Sara started to get to her feet. But before she could come between them, another figure rounding the corner suddenly got in the way.

"Is he bothering you, Cal?" Ashton asked, glancing between Callie's back and Flynn's face slowly contorting for anger.

"Since when do you—" Flynn started, hands balling into fists as though he were ready to punch the guy.

But then Callie said, "Ash... it's fine. Flynn was leaving anyway."

Flynn's hands unclenched immediately the blonde-haired boy becoming forgotten as he turned to face Callie's slumping shoulders. "Ash?" he asked, voice wavering.