57: Callie

A few weeks had passed since Lexi and Sara had separated, with Sara now sitting with us less and less. At lunch times she always had some assignment to work on in the library. And in history she couldn't stand to sit with me because my sister was there, meaning I only ever really saw her in Bio and Chem these days.

One of the worst parts though was seeing that deep cavern of pain in their eyes whenever their gazes locked, followed quickly by the turn of heads.

I knew even three weeks on, they still loved each other.

But Lexi was hurting Sara at my behest.

And while at first it certainly eased the betrayal in me... The guilt was slowly starting to outweigh the sense of disloyalty from them.

Adding further to it, I had been okay with them separating because I thought I needed both of their friendships they had offered me previously. But honestly, they were worse friends now. And more often than not, I found myself turning to Ashton, Jackson, or Zac these days when I needed a laugh or advice.

Which meant I knew it was time to forgive and forget.

But how could I even help them piece together what had been broken? Can the past few weeks of separation just be erased for the both of them with an 'okay, that's enough. You can date again'?

"Maybe you can set something up for them," Ashton offered as we hung out at his place that weekend. We had two weeks left of the term before we'd be entering our final term of school. Meaning we had only eight weeks of high school remaining. A part of me was anxious at how quickly it had approached and the fact I still wasn't even quite sure what I wanted to do after school.

Moreover, a small part of me—while fleetingly present these days—wondered if Flynn would still have a chance of pursuing his dreams to go to university. Or even if he was still completing school work... or if he had just dropped out of school altogether.

I still hadn't seen him since the holidays.

"Set something up?" I repeated with a cocked eyebrow before leaning over to grab a handful of popcorn from the bowl in his lap.

"Yeah. Like something that invites them to actually talk to each other again in addition to telling both of them that you're sorry and want them to make up."

Pressing my lips together, I then said, "But what if they get mad at me for not telling them I was planning it?"

Ashton scoffed before chucking a piece of popcorn at me. "They would be hypocrites if they did that."

"This is true... But what could I even do? Sara refuses to come to my place and Lexi isn't invited at Sara's anymore..."

But Ashton was already breaking out in a cocky grin as the words were still leaving my mouth. As I trailed off, he then finally said, "The way we accomplish anything around here, Callie."

My eyes narrowed as he paused for dramatic effect. But he couldn't hold in the smile for too long.

Eventually, when I still wasn't able to guess, he said, "We throw a party and force them to kiss and make up at it."

With a roll of my eyes, I said, "And just how am I going to get them to both come to a party? One, I have no reason to go to one. Two, Sara is totally adverse to them."

"Tell them... you need them to be a wingwoman. But don't mention you've asked both of them."

Hating that his plan was starting to make sense in my head, I was finding any reason to back out. So I said, "Wingwoman for who?"