ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄᴏʀᴄʜ ᴛᴏᴡɴ

"Hey!" I screamed to the top of my lungs, sprinting back toward the camp. "They're coming! They're coming! It's Wicked! They found us!" The distance to the top of the last hill was so close. I was almost there. Until a rock attacked me.

I tripped over a protruding boulder. The wind was knocked out of me as my body slammed hard against the earth. My head was hit particularly hard, taking a wicked blow against a solid mass of rock.

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧
Background Music
————————————
-Fairytale by Alexander Rybak-
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻
✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

Air rushed out of my body. It didn't want to come back. I choked, trying to regain my breathing. My head was dizzy, bitter memories swirling around. I heard my friend's voices echoing in my ears.

"It's a girl."

"Ow! Shuck! You crazy bitch!"

"Gally?" Wheezing, I lifted my head. The source of his voice was nowhere to be found. It was all in my head. I fought with all my might to breathe.

"Nice to meet you, Newt."

"Don't slice me Shebean. Have mercy!"

It was all in my head.

"What's the harm in just flirting with them?"

"I didn't know there was such a thing as good trouble,"

A bomb was released from one of the helicopters.

BOOM

"Sweet dreams Greenie. Don't let the Grievers bite."

Breath trickled back. Life was returned to me. The impact from the explosive hit the right spot, giving me my oxygen.

"No!" I protested. "Please!" My voice was gravelly, scratching my throat when I'd speak.

I know you have this weird obsession with me, but you will never touch Chuck."

Chuck. I can't let them hurt Chuck! My hand shot up, digging itself back into the dirt. I crawled to the top. My skull felt as it would shatter at any second.

"That's a terrible joke."

Blood-curdling screams split the air. A fire roared across the campsite, eating everything in its path.

"I don't want any of that stupid klunk I just want you to stay!"

"I'm coming." My tongue was thick in my mouth, difficult to operate. "I'm coming to help." I panted, standing up with wobbly legs. "Don't worry..."

I was at the top of the hill. People ran around, shrieking in terror. They looked like ants from up here, their lives so minuscule. Helicopters hovered above, opening their hatches to release explosives.

Fires engulfed the wild plains, laying their flames on the barren earth. Guards from Wicked had invaded, spraying electric bullets at anyone fleeing.

I was scared shitless. I thought I might pee myself if I'm being honest. I didn't want to go down into the pandemonium but I had to. I had to save them, my friends. No, scratch that. They were my God Damn family and I couldn't let them die.

My legs ran hard, muscles tightening as I approached the chaos. All I had to find is one person. If I found one of them, I'd find them all. So I ran and ran and ran.

"Y/n!" Someone called out. It was Frypan. He was terrified just like I was, gesturing for me to come to him from across the scorching field.

"Frypan!" I scurried over, miraculously ducking and dodging bullets left and right. There was no fucking way I was going to be shot. Not again.