Fuck glass, fuck doors, fuck your mom

"She wants me?" My skin prickled at the woman's name. The fact that Thomas had somehow seen her alive made my stomach swirl, acid begged to erupt from my body. "Why?"

"I don't know, but I can answer all your questions later." Thomas nearly tripped on his words from his pace. "For now you all just gotta trust me and go in the vent." The group fell silent, frozen. "Now!" He urged, grabbing me by the wrist.

We all fell in a line. All of us one right after the other, crawling through the metal vents. Cloth bulged from my pants pockets. The shirt Chuck had given me poked out of them. I made sure to grab it before I left, despite Thomas's complaints about the task.

Thomas abruptly stopped us, causing the line to almost fly forward. He pushed against a vent, allowing an exit to be formed as it popped open. Stumbling out, one by one, we made it into an industrial hallway.

"Come on, come on, come on!" Our leader frantically waved us forward. "Okay, let's go, let's go!" Everyone but Aris followed.

"You guys go ahead." He stayed back, glancing the opposite way down the hallway. "There's something I gotta do."

"What are you talking about?!" Thomas was quick to the boy's side, impatience coming to the surface.

"Trust me, it's important." Aris asserted. "You guys wanna get out of here, right? Just go!"

"Uh- I'll go with him." Winston offered, tagging along Aris's trail.

"Okay Winston." Thomas called for us to follow him, flying on his own feet. "Go, go, go, come on!"

"You sure we can trust this kid?!" Minho picked up the pace, using his running experience to sidle next to him.

"You don't wanna know where we'd be without him!" He replied. As soon as we turned the hall's corner, Thomas let out a  yelp. We came face to face with a Doctor. She seemed just as taken aback to see us as we did to her. Shit. Shit. We are so screwed. Her eyebrows relaxed after a moment.

"What are you kids doing out?" Her suspicion grew, eyes flitting around to scan each of us over.

BRING BRING

Yellow lights danced around the hall, paired with a blaring alarm. They knew we were out. Oh fuck. The Doctor's eyes darted between each child.

"Lady, you're comin' with us." Minho tugged the woman's sleeve, keeping hold on her. "Now be a good hostage and stay nice and quiet."

"Minho!" I scolded, empathy stuck on to me when I saw how freaked the lady was. "Isn't that illegal?!"

"Don't you wanna get out y/n?!" He stressed, dragging the Doctor along with us. Minho turned to her. "We're not gonna hurt you, just move it!" Thomas took her other arm, assuring her our prisoner.

Pipes were weaved across the walls, only noticeable when we began to race against the smooth concrete. Our feet pounded as we ran, causing a symphony of sneaker noises.

I was in the back of our troop as usual. Even Newt with his stupid limp was faster than me. Victor pushed me forward with his hand, helping slightly.

My legs were jelly under all of the spastic pressure, moving as quick as they could. The back of my throat burned as air invaded my lungs. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

"God, I fucking hate running!" Forced its way out of my mouth, the syllables feeling like blades against my damn throat.

Frypan drove into the next corner, slamming into the wall. The rest of us slid with him, turning back immediately when we saw what was down the hall.