Opal is so f-ing pretty #yassification of Opal

Quick A/N: Hey y'all I think we might be in the clear? I went on my moms phone again and she had exited out of the tab she had sour boy in but holy shit that was a close call.

Y/n's Point Of View:

"Why are you crying?" Fingers sank into my face, guiding my chin to the person controlling it. A dark orange tint burned through my eyelids. The sun was unstoppable in the way it shone obnoxiously down on me. "Y/n? Come on, wake up already." The person relented, hesitating before saying. "It's me, Chuck."

"Chuck?" I grumbled, the sun blinding me as I blinked my way into the day. Sight became manageable when I stretched out. My limbs cracked till I sat upwards to meet a fluffy brown haired boy, sat up on his knees.

"The one and only." He gave me a warm dimpled smile, brown eyes twinkling. "Now, why are you crying?"

"I'm not crying." I insisted, pushing his head to the side in a playful manner. "You're probably crying, but I'm not." A laugh bubbled out of him, he pushed me back. We were amidst our friends still bodies, sleeping soundly. I was alive, we had made it. All except Jack.

"Well you were." Chuck leaned forward, his thumb wiping across my cheekbone. He pulled back, showing me his finger to prove his point, it was moist. "See? Besides, I heard you crying in your sleep."

"Then I was crying, but I'm not crying right now."

"I guess you're right." He shrugged, accepting my argument. "What were you dreaming about anyway? Do you remember?"

Thinking about the dream last night, I decided that it was special. It was just for me. My dreams were a guilty pleasure that I got to live in. Despite the pain I endured reliving old memories, I still got to see Gally. And he was worth it all.

"Uh- I dunno, I just remember Gally." Offering him a faint smile, I avoided eye contact. "That's all."

"Oh," Chuck knitted his brows, his face riddled in thoughts. "Did it make you sad?"

Did it? Did seeing Gally make me sad? I couldn't seem to put a finger on what emotion I felt, they were all whizzing by me, just out of reach.

"It just made me feel a bit of everything I think."

"Well what would make you feel happy?" His earnestness was sweet and familiar, even Chuck's presence was relaxing.

"Just hangin' with you." Slinging an arm around his shoulder, I ruffled up his hair with the same affection I always did. He chuckled, setting his chin on my shoulder.

He was my buddy. My best friend. My comrade and my partner in crime. Sometimes it was just really nice to have him.

"Oh shit, I forgot!" Chuck cursed, the word sounding foreign coming from his mouth. He flew away from me, rummaging through his pockets.

"Oh, so you cuss now?"

"What?" He stopped for a split, a confused look clouding his expression.

"Just then, you said shit."

"Whatever, it's not a big deal y/n." He went back to digging through his pockets. "I say it all the time." He didn't.

In fact, the rare occasions I had heard him curse, I could count on one hand and recount each time in detail. I wonder what his new facade was about. Probably regular old puberty.

"Alright then." Scanning over him warily, I added. "Just don't grow up too fast Chuckie."

"Ah hah!" He ignored me, distracted by his find. Chuck pulled the mystery object out of his pocket, a grin creeping up his lips. "I got you something, from the abandoned mall. I found it when we were looking through shit." The word panged into my heart, more than a silly curse word should.

He grabbed my hand, turning it over to expose my palm. The object's cold nature spilled onto my skin. A glimmering bracelet was revealed, it's opal beads shining back at me.

The jewelry was beyond beautiful, knotted together with wax cord. I rolled the luminescent spheres in my fingers, it's pearly multihued colors catching the light. It was gorgeous, which is why I refused it.

"Oh Chuck, I couldn't."

"Why not?" He pushed my hand toward me when I tried to give the gift back.

"It's too nice. I mean it's beautiful, it really is, but-"

"Which is why you should wear it." Chuck took the bracelet from me, slipping it onto my wrist. "A pretty bracelet needs someone pretty to wear it, and you're the prettiest person I know."

A grin cracked into my face, melting away my refusal.

"Awww, you are too cute." I gushed, ruffling his hair once again. "You're adorable, really. Such a sweet boy."

Unbeknownst to me, Chuck did not smile along with me at my praise. Instead, his remaining joy fell to a disheartened frown, sullenness taking over.

It wasn't long till the others began to wake as well. Minho was the first due to how he was so used to his old running schedule. Thomas was the last, only waking when an old crow started to dig through his backpack, creating an obnoxious rustling. I suppose his long sleep was fault to his big brain, maybe it needed lots of rest to function.

"Ey, ey, hey!" Thomas clumsily swung toward the bird, missing it completely. "Get out of here!" To my surprise, the crow delivered a squawk, flying off as told.

"Are they gone?" Newt was still groggy, he had only woken up a few moments before Thomas had. He was going to be a real bitch today, especially because of the lack of his daily morning coffee, which was nowhere near available in the scorch. I wouldn't be able to piss him off till at least noon without him going batshit on me.

"Yeah," Thomas scanned our surrounding area, eyes darting to every crevice of rubbled concrete. "I think we're safe for now. Okay, we should get moving. Let's pack it up." He scooped up his back backpack, patting our other friends to take them out of that new morning daze. "Aris, come on. Fry, Winston, let's go."

I'd had plenty of time to wake up so I bounced up to my feet in a sprightly manner. Winston seemed to feel the opposite, he let out a pained groaned, his face wincing.

"Winston?" I hovered over him, tiling my head for a better sight. "You good?" The makeshift bandaged we had wrapped around him the night before were splotched heavily with his blood.

Before he could answer, Frypan reached out his hand. He pulled Winston up, getting him back to his feet.

When we started our journey through the sand dunes, I realized that for once, I wasn't the last person behind.