I'm Tired-Labrinth

"Wake up! Come on wake up y/n!" I think Newt shook the life out of me when he jostled me awake.

"Woah woah what's going on?" I croaked, still groggy from sleep. Newt took hold of both my arms, pulling me up with so much force I stumbled while he led me to walk.

"You see that? Look at it." He jabbed a finger at the sky. Angry purple clouds had bubbled while we slept, a wind had picked up and lightning began to crack in the not so distant area. Looking around I saw that our fate was sealed, we were in the middle of completely flat, the only things standing out. "It's bloody lightnin'! Come on!"

He yanked me forward, starting us off with a full blown sprint. Even in another course of danger, I still found it insulting that I needed help with running from a boy with a straggly limp.

CRACK

The lightning came down on the flat land, shaking the earth with it's impact. The sound was comparable to a gun being fired, it had the same smoky aftermath too.

"Hurry!"

"Go!"

"Run!"

I was being dragged along with such speed in the dark night that I could scarcely identify any voices. They all sort of just blended together.

"Alright keep moving come on!"

"Let's go!"

"Come on y/n!" This time I was certain it was Thomas, he faltered back taking my arm from Newt. Even with the Newt's help I was lagging, so Thomas took over. "Go go go!"

I'm not even sure I was running anymore, all I could feel were the tips of my toes dragging against the dirt.

"We're getting closer! Keep going!"

The unidentifiable person was right. In front of us, all I could focus on were the lights beaming at us from the mountains. They were hope, like little twinkle bells of sunshine. I could see it now, fixated in front of me, a building leading into the mountains. It was so close.

TSSS

The air hissed around me, sizzling the atmosphere. We were so close. So so close.

"Get inside, go!"

BOOM

The frothy air was split in half. I was sent flying forward onto the ground. My knees scraped onto stray rubble, stinging into the now ruddied flesh. A ringing noise rattled my ears.

My hearing was almost completely absent. Whatever I could hear, was thick and made it feel like I was underwater.

Craning my head back I saw two figures lying side by side. Smoke twirling, spinning around them in a dizzy. My vision was still blurred so I couldn't quite make them out. Thomas, who was close to me, staggered onto his feet, over their bodies.

Ice froze in my veins, feeding into my muscles all the way to my heart. Ice cold fear. My vision focused, I saw who was on the ground.

A boy with spiky black hair and one with unmistakable vibrant red locks. I spun up to my feet, head pounding, the world turning back to it's regular perspective. I tumbled over to Thomas's side to help him get the boys up but I was beckoned away.

"Go on y/n!" Newt pushed me towards the building. "Run, just run and don't look back!" I wanted to die. In that moment I wanted to die. Because if my friends were being picked off one by one, if they had all died, what would I do then. Who would I be? So I followed his orders, I ran.