Alfalfa IS Graham from But I'm a Cheerleader

The meal was over. Kids had been stuffed to the brim with food. Every meal I had at the facility seemed to be like a grand feast. We were even given dessert, a big slice of cherry pie that was bursting with flavor. As full as I was I always had room for dessert, especially cherry pie. It was one one of my favorites, it was kind of funny that I was lucky enough to receive it as dessert.

"Hey y/n you should room with us!" Emmaline's eyes sparkled. She grabbed onto my arm, clutching onto me with a desperate grip.

"You think so?" I chuckled, my heart skipping a beat when her hand accidentally brushed against my thigh.

"Yeah! Of course! We'd love to have you, you can even share with me if you need to." She offered, pushing back a piece of hair out of my face. Her lip was, slightly smirked up? A freckle prominent on her bottom lip. Was she flirting with me? No, it couldn't be. I was being crazy, delusional even. "Ow!" The redhead flicked her head towards Alf, she rubbed at her shin that had a blossoming red mark forming.

Alf smirked, showing off the toothpick wedged between her teeth. She wiggled it around, staring into my soul. Her eyes piercing into me. My skin burning from the eye contact.

"Don't be stupid Em." Alf tousled her jaw length hair, flipping it around. "She can take who's ever bed that gets taken to the 'safe place'." A small snicker slipped her lips.

"You didn't have to kick me." Emmaline grumbled, sulking on the side.

"Sure, I'll do it." My agreement raised brows and dimpled cheeks. "I'll stay with you guys." Alfalfa seemed pleased with my answer, nestling her chin on her hands.

"Good." She sent me a wink, butterflies erupted in my belly. They fought to get out, making an unintentional cough fall from my mouth. Alf had her shoe between my feet, running it slowly up my leg.

Weird feeling was back. I knew it like the palm of my hand. It was the feeling Gally always made me feel when we kissed. Dizziness rushed to my head, making the room tilt.

This must have been how it felt when I'd accidentally touch one of the boys. How could anyone be around women without crumbling to the floor? Em and Alf were flirtatious like I was and I was getting a taste of my own medicine. They most likely lived years in the maze like the boys had. There was bound to be some kind of gay shit going down. Very, very, gay shit.

"Gentleman!" A voice called for my attention. "Ladies..." I snapped my head towards a man. He was wrapped in a white turtleneck. A sleek black jacket sat on his shoulders. This had to be the infamous Janson everyone was talking about. Victor was right, he did look rattish. He wasn't attractive but he wasn't on the blob fish level of attractiveness. "You all know how this works. You hear your name called, please rise in an orderly fashion and join my colleagues. Behind me where they'll escort you to the eastern wing. You're new lives are about to begin." Wow, his face was sort of punchable. A small parade of claps came from a few kids.

"Who's betting that dude has a foot fetish." I whispered towards the girls, a fit of giggles burst from them. "He looks like he cries after sex."

Alf's head tilted back, her throat prominent as she cackled. Her laugh was delicious. I never knew a laugh could be so mesmerizing. It broke through the cafeteria's chatter, causing eyes to fall towards us.

"As I was saying before I was interrupted." Janson licked his lips, glaring at me with dark eyes. His state made my skin crawl, but I never dropped my gaze. Holding my stare till he dropped his. "I will now read out the list of names."

Ren cowered in her seat. She gripped onto her hands, clasping them together in a nervous fashion.

"Pstt." I hissed, her face tilted up, revealing her deer in headlights look. "You okay?"