Kiss me with your eyes closed

"Here you go." Alf motioned towards an unoccupied bunk. She took the upper bed, directing me towards the bottom one. "You can sleep here." She glanced between my eyes and lips. "If you need me, I'll be right on top." A shiver ran down my spine as she bumped her shoulder against mine before climbing up the ladder.

Emmaline had set a pair of night clothes she found for me on top of the bed. I began to strip, aware of Alf's wandering eyes.

"What? Like what you see?" I half joked, not daring to back down from her. She narrowed her eyes, staring me down as I put the new clothes on.

"You're cocky." She stated, a smug look became resident on her face. "We'll see how long that lasts." Sighing, she stretched out. Her back arched before relaxing it's muscles, nestling onto the top bunk.

She wanted me to join her in her bed. Which meant she probably wanted to do other things to me. At least that's what I picked up on. She made me feel that weird feeling which many people weren't able to generate from me. Let's face it, Alf was hot in the bluntest terms.

I tucked myself into bed, reveling with the fact that I was right below Alf. The room was quiet for a few moments, until I heard squeaking the ladder. She had come down and was standing over my bed. Alf sat on the edge, tilting her head at me.

Something clicked in her head. She found the bed frame behind me, hovering over my body. Staring down at me, she was unbearably close. Dipping her head down, she inched her mouth closer and closer to me. Alf's lips pressed against mine. I kissed her back.

We began to make out, our hands roaming around each other. It felt surreal, doing this with someone I had met that same day. She softly bit on my bottom lip, pulling back. Her lips found her way to my ear.

"Call me Alfie."

"M'kay." I mumbled between kisses. Becoming absorbed with the contact, with her. Things began to feel familiar, passionate. What was it? Why did it feel so nostalgic?

The lights switched on, a door was swung open. Alfie tore away from me, landing breathlessly on the other side of the bed. A guard entered the room, the same one who stopped Thomas earlier.

"Headcount girls." He ordered, waving us toward the center of the room. Disgruntled girls stumbled out of their beds, slumping over to the spot.

"What's going on?" Scowled Kitty, she rubbed at her tired eyes.

"Missing kid." He furrowed his brows at the clipboard he held. "Their name is y/n." My ears pricked up at my name. "You girls know anything about them?"

"Don't go." Alfie said lowly, placing her hand on mine. I was split in half. Part of me wanted to stay, curious about how I felt about the kiss that had been imprinted on my lips. The other part knew that if I did, the guards would eventually find me.

I stood up, peaking around the corner to face the guard.

"I am she, I'm not missing."

"It is you, isn't it?" He double checked his clipboard. "Well then let's get you back to your dorm." The guard placed a hand on my shoulder. I stayed dormant, unmoving. He slipped another hand to my waist, trying to nudge me toward the exit. "Come on Sweetheart."

"I'd like to stay here. I don't want to go back to the boys dorm." I said firmly, standing my ground.

"Don't be silly Dollface." He chuckled, pushing me. "Let's get you back to your friends."

"These are my friends. Isn't it more appropriate for me to stay here? There's a free bed for me." Putting on my puppy dog eyes, I looked at him through my lashes. He melted at my face. "You're not gonna make me go back there, are you?"

"Don't give me those eyes." He smiled sickly, causing my stomach to tighten. This guy was a creep. Not too different from the bad guys I had spent the last month with. Biting his lip, he eyed me up and down. I was an object again, great. "Fine, I'll check with Janson and see what he says." He relented, grabbing for his walkie talkie. "Hey Janson, can I get you in Maze D's dorm? I found the girl."

After a few torturous minutes with the man's hand looped around my wrist and Alfie looking at me fixedly, Janson appeared through the doorway.

"Hello y/n." He grinned, his eyes beadily roaming over me. "What seems to be the problem?"

"She-"

"I want to stay here." I cut the man off, talking directly to Janson.

"I'm apologize y/n, but we have special orders to  keep the maze's in one place."

"Aren't you the boss? Can't you override them?"

"It doesn't work that way y/n." Janson reached for a lock of my hair, thumbing it between his fingers. His touch left me seething as I recoiled from him. "Now don't be such a pill and get to your dorm room."

"Why are you touching a teenage girl?" I drawled, watching him drop my hair like it was fire. "Do you have a crush on me or something Janson?"

"That's highly inappropriate y/n." He warbled, almost falling over as he backed away.

"I think you're in love with me, is that why you stare at me all the time?" I asked innocently, a devilish smirk rounding my cheeks.

"Off to bed." He pointed, eager to be rid of me. "Now."

"Whatever you say Janson." I leered, hoping he was freaked. Side stepping around him, I exited to the sound of the other girls snickering.

_________________________

"Y/n?!" Chuck shot up from his bunk, curls springing up with him. "You're back!" The other boys grumbled at his excitement, peeking their heads up at me. Most of them were already tucked away in bed.

"Yup, I'm back." I replied, giving him a thumbs up as I found my bed. "Decided I'd bless you all with my presence."

"How nice of you." Newt said with a soft edge, despite the sarcastic phrase. My return settled everyone's mind and sleep soon filled the air. After an hour or two even my eyes began to droop. I was drifting off when I felt a stray hand on my shoulder.

I jumped at the unexpected contact, my head jolting towards the culprit. Chuck was leaning on the bed's outer frame.

"What? What's wrong Chuck?" I hissed, pushing hair out of my face to get a clear picture of him.

"I had a nightmare." His eyes were sullen, dull with broken sleep.

"Come on then." I patted on the bed, inviting him in. "Tell me about it." He obliged, climbing in next to me. The bed was small, but Chuck was of greater importance. I'd give my bed up for him in a second.

"We were back in that lab, you know the one I'm talking about?" Of course I knew. The place only flashed around in my mind a million times that day.

"Yeah."

"Well you'd been shot again." He pointed towards my stomach. "And there was blood, so much blood. And I was just crying, just crying while you were on the floor." He turned his head toward me. "You died for real."

"I'm sorry." I patted his head, falling back onto my pillow. "I didn't mean to die in your dream, I swear."

"Shut up." Chuck smiled sleepily, lying down beside me. He gazed at my face, drinking it in for a moment. His arms slowly wrapped me in a hug. "You know, I was really scared when you got shot. I kind of wish it happened to me instead." That earned him a smack on the arm.

"Don't say that." I scorned, furious at his words. "Never ever say that, you hear me?" He nodded, keeping quiet. "You are so special and loved Chuck. I think the earth would die without you." My voice shook at my language. "If that bullet had hit you, my world would've come crashing down. I saw you about to do something stupid like I would've done and I stepped in."

"Why?"

"Because I love you."

I squeezed him tightly, praying that my hugs would be enough to keep him safe. Wiping the tears glistening on his face, I brushed out his hair.

"I love you too y/n." Chuck buried his face in my neck. Nothing else was said. All that could be heard were his slowing breaths. Soon mine matched his, aiding my quest to sleep.