Lesbian Girlfriend

Y/n's Point Of View:

The morning hit me like a ton of bricks. It bruised me into existence. I awoke with Chuck beside me. He was clinging onto me, his eyes closed, just as they had been before I slept.

The other boys had taken advantage of the early morning and had gotten a head start in the bathroom. I suppose I should get up, even though my muscles ached and threatened to tear under the grogginess of the morning.

"Chuck." I rasped, gently removing his arms from around me. "Come on Chuck. It's time to wake up." The boy remained still, his chest rising and falling. "We gotta get ready for breakfast Chuck." I hooked on to his shoulders, shaking him gently. A groan rumbled from him. He stirred around, trying to push me away. "You can't ignore me forever. Come on." I ruffled his hair, fluffing it up in the process.

"Y/n?" He murmured, scrunching his face awake. "When did it become morning?"

"When you fell asleep Dummy." Chuckling, I threw back the covers, stepping onto the cemented floor. Before the guard came to announce breakfast, I got myself completely ready.

I knew I needed to tell someone about my dream. It was important information. Maybe I was crazy, but I think that if someone is asking you to find them in a dream. They probably mean it in real life too.

Who better to tell than Thomas? He was our new leader. If he was able to get us out of the maze then maybe he could find use for my dream's ominous message. Except maybe I'd leave out the whole kissing part when telling him.

Last night was a mess. Impulsive and rash decisions one after the next. I mean, I kissed a girl! Not just any girl, but a girl I'd only known for a couple of hours.

I wondered if Gally was in heaven watching me. If he was then it was probably awkward watching me kiss someone else.

I wondered if once he got to heaven he kissed some random girl too. I didn't like the idea of it, but I guess I couldn't blame him after what I'd done.

I hoped he was happy. As dead as he was, I hoped he was happy.

"Hey y/n." Thomas called out to me as we walked down the hallway to the cafeteria.

"Hey yourself." We matched strides on the industrial floor. "What's up Major Tom?"

"I gotta talk to you about something." He was chewing on his lips, a bad habit he'd picked up on our journey from hell and back.

"Start talking comrade."

Thomas tapped his fingers against his side, nervously fidgeting. He hesitated before putting an arm out in front of me and stopping me in my tracks. He pressed me towards the wall, away from the sea of people rushing towards breakfast.

"I trust you."

"Okay, what does this have to do with what you wanna talk about with me?"

"You know that kid Aris?"

"Yeah."

"Well." He struggled with words, a pained look plastered across his face. His brain was working faster than his mouth per usual. "He came out from under my bed last night."

"What?! Like a gremlin or something?"

"Sort of, he came from the vents from under my bed."

"Oh, freaky."

"He told me to go with him, so I went through the vents and," Thomas released a huge exhale, rushing out the next part. "I saw something."

"What? What did you see?" I clutched onto his shirt, eager for his answer. "Thomas, what did you see?"