Victor gets grilled like Michael's foot in a george foreman grill

The others had returned from their visit to the lab. Well all except Teresa. It was strange that they were keeping her so long. It seemed like their female friends were being picked off left and right.

Boys claimed bunks, pushing each other jokingly off the top bunk. No one caring to notice a y/n with clouded over eyes on one of the benches outside of the bathroom. She was staring straight at the opposite wall. So gone. Tathered. Broken. That she couldn't seem to function.

Chuck was cubbied up in a corner bottom bunk. Confused and a little bit hurt about how y/n could just walk by him like that. Not a glimpse of recognition when he loved her more than words could say. Ouch.

No one noticed y/n except for one person. Victor. The lanky boy drew closer to her, slowly, hoping she wasn't skittish. She wasn't. He took a seat next to her, sliding an arm on her far shoulder. Leaning his head on the one closest to him. Hoping to alleviate her of any pain. All of it.

"I want to go to sleep." Came quietly from y/n's lips. It surprised Victor, making him jump a little.

"Uh okay." He rose from the wooden bench, lifting her up by her hand. Offering support to her as they rounded their way to an empty bed. Making sure the pillow was fluffed and the covers were soft enough for y/n, he urged her in. She slipped into the bed, now freshly clad in pajamas. "That okay?" He gestured toward the bed with a hand.

One that she took hold of, interlacing their fingers together. Pulling him down to the bed, making Victor's ears a bright red. He got the message and got underneath the covers, wondering what in the hell had gotten into y/n.

Butterflies threatened to break free of his stomach as she laid a palm on his chest, holding him unbearably close. Her forehead touching his strawberry locks of hair. Thigh tucked between his upper legs.Nose nuzzled into his neck. Victor gulped, starting to perspire. Blushing at the contact.

He had dreamed about this since the first day she came to the glade. More than a handful of times had he had certain special dreams about her. About her being so so close to him. Body pressed against his. Just never like this.

Never in any scenario he swirled up was y/n a figment of y/n. He never thought that Gally being dead would lead to his dream fantasy. He wondered that if Gally was here, would she be holding him like this instead?

Still. Her breath tickling his neck was good enough for him. Might as well enjoy it while he was allowed. Not caring if she wanted to do the same in the morning.

If only y/n had her eyes open. Then maybe she could have seen the scars burned into his skin. Then maybe she wouldn't have been so shocked when her dreams revealed a certain memory.

Y/n's Point Of View:

I really couldn't tell the difference between dreams and reality anymore. Everything blurred together. It was only until I fell asleep I could see the difference was unfathomable. Being dragged into another memory. They had gotten more intense. Extremely vivid ever since the doctor visit.

As soon as I had closed my eyes the scene had been set. Opening them to me, walking down the same corridors from last time. Judging from my demeanor I had to have been ten or eleven. A relentless young Victor scampered behind me.

Younger me must've been tired of his antics so I snuck my way to a utility closet, thinking I had lost him. Until he popped his clueless face through the door.

"Hey y/n!"

"Shhh!" I shushed him harshly, snatching his shirt and ripping him into the small space. "Are you stupid or something?! You could get me in trouble again for being seen with you!" I shoved him against a wall, angrily pinning his lithe body to it. He only smiled jubilantly. Annoyingly.

"Bet it's not as bad as I got for last time." Victor bragged, chest puffed out.

"What? What'd they do to you?" I had to find out more. Anything. I let him go. "Worse than what they did to Minho?"

"Depends on how you look at it." The carrot topped boy began to lift his shirt. Skin peaking from the cloth until it was off. What I saw almost made younger me sick. Nasty red boils had bubbled on his skin overnight. Only they weren't boils. He had been seared into. Burned sporadically.

"Oh my God." Covering my mouth with one hand, I turned him around to see the same on his pale back. How could they do this to him? Wasn't this not okay on some level?! Who could I tell? Who could help when the adults were the ones doing this to him?

"It's okay. It's not that bad." He spoke quickly, rushed. A hyperactive child in his youth. To be fair, not a lot had changed. "They'll go away soon. You wanna touch them?!"

"No." I handed him back his crumpled up shirt. "You need to stop trying to see me. This is what they did to you after you tried to get into my room! Stop being so dumb and stay in your part of the building."

"They're not that bad, really!" Victor protested in a fervish pace. "And they'll look cool later and it didn't even hurt much!"

"Just go away Victor." I ordered, pushing him to the door. "Go hang out with the other kids." This set him in a panic. He blocked the doorway, refusing to go.

"I can't leave y/n." Dropping to his knees he professed. "You're the love of my life!"

"You told me that a million times, now go tell it to someone else for a change!" I pried him off the doorframe, busting through the door. Right into Ava Paige. It didn't take long for her to spot Victor.

Needless to say, he was taken away. Tortured again. Whatever it was kept him away for a while.

A long while.