Jealous much?

Y/n's Dream Sequence:

I was back again. The thick fog of dream focusing onto a carefully selected memory. I was still about thirteen, a sweet smile was brought to my face by an equally charmed Gally.

We were sitting criss cross, opposite to each other on my bedroom floor. I was dressed in my nightgown, the loose material crumpling around me. Gally was in a plain white t-shirt paired with blue flannel pants. It was standard for the kids to wear at Wicked.

"What are Thomas and Teresa like?" Gally inquired, fingers circling on his knee. By this point it seemed like the awkward first interactions were over between us. Now we were friends, comfortable with each other.

"Well they're alright I guess, when they're hanging out with me at least. Sometimes they'll run off without me and they spend a lot more time with each other in the lab." I lingered my private thought in my brain before deciding to disclose it with Gally. "They leave me out of things, even though they don't realize it. Sometimes I wish Ava would let me in the lab with them."

"I don't. Then you'd be the one experimenting on me."

"Would you hate me if I was?"

"No." My bedroom's soft light swathed him in warm tones, wrapping him in a calm aura. His hand crept onto my knee, eyes meeting mine. "I could never hate you. No matter how hard I tried."

My heart picked up it's pace, missing every other beat. It was as if very time he spoke time didn't matter anymore, like it didn't exist.

"I don't think I could ever hate you either..." My lips fluttered, heat flushing onto the back of my neck. We'd hit a lull of silence, the both of us silent, just staring at one another.

Was this going to be our first kiss? Was this perhaps the sweetest moment I'd ever experienced before my memory wipe? Why was he so quiet?

"I got to go to bed." Gally broke the silence in the most anti climactic way possible, even slapping my knee like an old friend. "Don't want to get caught or nothin'."

"No!" I grabbed onto his shoulder, balling up the material of his shirt with my hand. He tugged back onto the floor.

"No?"

"No." I rose to my feet, pulling him up with me. Dragging him over to my bed, he sat politely. "Stay, please?" I hated the nights the most when I was younger. I had some bitter disdain for them.

They were free range for daydreaming, all I would do is stay up thinking of all things I would never have. Friends, happiness, freedom. Sweet sweet freedom.

"I don't wanna get caught." Gally's brows showed his uneasiness, voice quavering the very slightest. He tried to hide his nervous behavior in front of me. He couldn't.

"You won't." I assured, pulling him next to me on the bed. "I promise. My room's always locked unless I open it. I'll set an alarm and you can sneak back through the vents for morning bed check. Come on!" Pleading with him, I hugged onto him arm, not really wanting to let go. Funny, old habits die hard. "I'll have nightmares if you don't stay, they're horrible."

That was a lie. I spent most of the night awake rather than asleep. There was no time for nightmares, only insomnia.

Gally wracked the idea around in his brain before replying.

"Alright. Fine." He slid under the heavy blankets with me, drawing me close. "I'll stay."

I wish I had stayed.

- - -

The next vision flashed by in my dream, it was the day after, it must've been. Gally was still in my bed when Teresa came barreling in, a set of keys in hand.

"Oh- Wha- Oh my God." She stuttered, gaping at Gally. Her shocked, blown out eyes stuck their target onto me and then him and then me again.

"Reese, don't freak." The words came from my mouth painfully slow as to keep her calm. "Just come in and shut the door."

"Why is he here y/n? Why do you have a subject in your bed?!"

"I think I should go." Gally tumbled out of bed, grazing a hand through his short hair.

"Yeah I think you should!" Teresa jangled the keys, her anger and confusion causing her to tremble. "How did somebody like you even get in here?! This place is top security!"

"Teresa shut the damn door!" I ordered, eyes flicking back up at her. She listened, quietly obliging my demand. She held the keys in one hand and her little journal she carried everywhere in the other.

"Why is Subject A9 in here y/n?" Teresa repeated, pressing her back against the door as if she blocked his exit.

"He has a name Teresa."

"He is a subject y/n." Her tongue lashed, stinging with her verbal blow. "Subjects do not have a name."

"His name is Gally!"

"Hi," Gally raised his hand awkwardly, first impression going far from great. "I'm Gally."

"Is this who you blew me off for last night?" Teresa's grip tightened on her journal, as did the rest of her body. "Instead of coming to my room like you planned? Is this why Tom and I never see you anymore?"

"I'm gonna go." Gally said a quick bye before opening the vent's hatch and crawling through.

"Tom and you never see me anymore because you're always off doing your own thing." I retorted, crossing my arms, still laying nested in my bed.

"No." She scoffed.

"Yes!" I insisted, steam flying out of my ears. "It's pathetic how you act around him. You're always cuddled up to him, off hiding somewhere from me! Don't be pissed just because I have a friend that isn't you!"

"I- No- I didn't- You can't!"

"I can't what?"

"You can't associate with a subject!" Her face flushed a fresh scarlet.

"I can and I will." I stood up, getting in her face. "At least he's a good friend who doesn't forget I exist." Spitting my words at her, I didn't even see the tears on her face till I stepped back.

"Fine. Whatever!" The girl tore out of the room, leaving her little black book behind. Conveniently, just for my reading pleasure. How perfect.