eighty-one

"she's not just a—"

"pleasure to meet you." you cut off your boyfriend who is starting to glare holes at the man who stands before you both. it is reasonable for him to act like this, albeit internally, you can't help but sigh as you reach out your hand for a handshake directed to the man. "(L/N) (Y/N)."

the man looks for a split second before he takes your hand in his and shakes it lightly and then lightly bowing at sakusa who remains silent beside you. "everyone is waiting in the dining room. please, follow me."

quickly as that, he turns his back on you both, walking straight to the hallway on the right side of the grand staircase. you let a few seconds to pass, allowing the man to be out of earshot before looking at kiyoomi with a sigh. cautiously, you lower your hand to lock it with his and squeeze it lightly to let him release some of that agitation slowly growing within him.

"it's okay, kiyoomi." you smile at him, bringing your intertwined hands to your lips and kissing the back of his palm. "don't worry about it, yeah? it'll be fine."

"yeah right." he humourlessly mumbles underneath his breath. "it will be fine." unconvincingly, he adds.

another puff of clear air leaves past your lips as your lover walks forward with his hands intertwined with yours. you study his posture, and even through his dark hued button up you can still see how tense his back is, and not only that, the aura he emits screams discomfort, and that worries you. however, you choose to remain silent and not mention it to him, you don't want to stress him any further.

not long after walking on pristine white tiles, you come to a halt in-front of a door that leads straight to the dining room. you stare at the wooden door and swallow. if your back wasn't straight before, it surely is now. it seems like the silence is a push to your back, causing your posture to poise up.

"please, enter." is what the former says before he walks away to the left side. you can't help but wonder how many rooms or corridors this mansion has, it feels like a whole hotel rather than a home with so many function rooms.

you sigh underneath your breath, squeezing sakusa's hand as you take a step. yet before your foot can so much as step on the tiled floor, he's tugging your hand to pull you to him. the pull lands you straight back to him forcing his onyx hues to meet with yours and immediately you can see the look in his eyes.

"are you okay?" are the first words to leave past your lips.

"just say the word and we'll be leaving, alright?" he answers your questions like that, not even affirming your worries. you'd love to probe more about his comfort, but you'd hate to worry him even more, so you keep your silence and nod.

you two face the door, and as soon as your synchronized right feet step on the tiled floor, the attention instantly goes straight to both of you. the people in the room direct all their attention to you, all their eyes on you as if you are the most famous person to have stepped in their house.

"good evening." are the first words to leave past your lips with a not genuine yet convincing smile stretched across your face. and as you sadly expected, they keep their mouths shut, simply awaiting for you both to join them at the dining table.

sakusa pulls you to the table with him, softly tugging your hand as your steps echo throughout the room. as you have also expected, they are the quiet and observant type, just as sakusa when you first met. it does not faze you, but it would also be a lie to say it does not radiate intimidation that lightly intimidates you.

"serve the food." the older woman speaks, raising her hand and with that order all of the others who stand from a distance run to the kitchen. you swallow at that, feeling her power even with just her tongue and words.