forty-five

"(Y/N)!"

sakusa runs to your side when he sees you drop to your knees with a loud thud.  sobs instantly leave past your lips when you feel his touch, the soft contact causing you to shake tremendously. sakusa scoops you into his embrace, wrapping his arms around you securely.

"fuck you oikawa tooru." you mumble, burying your face into the crook of the curly mans neck. he could care less about the tears that's slowly running down his toned abdomen, as his attention is pointed on you. "fuck him and his stupid mind games. always wanting everything for himself."

"let it all out. i'm here for you." is all sakusa can say to you, placing one hand on the top of your head and slowly running it through the strands of your hair. "if you want to talk about it i'm listening, if you don't.. then it's fine." he continues

you sniffle against his porcelain skin, turning to your side making your eyes lay on the space beside him. "he asked for custody and i told him it's not for me to choose... he got impatient and started to argue. jiro tried to stop him because sakura got scared, but he yelled at him. i got mad yelled at him back and.. and then everything else is a blur."

you wipe your eyes rashly, stopping yourself from crying. "i don't even get why i'm crying over a dick like him." you chuckle, sitting up properly to regain composure.

sakusa heaves a slightly relieved sigh, places his hand on the small of your back. slender fingers softly pressing against the plush contact to relieve the evident tension on the muscle around it. "it's okay to cry. it's fine, really." he assures you.

you silently smile in his hold, feeling the comfort of his hold.

for the first time in years, you finally allow yourself to indulge into the comfort on someone's touch, once again.

— — —

slamming the door of his car, oikawa screams into the steering wheel. his voice cracking as every sad sob drips, accompanied by his fat tears. the frustration, anger, desperation, and brokenhearted feeling creeping up to his mind all at once causing his train of thinking to be broken apart.

he doesn't know how he got to this point. to the point that he would go berserk over not getting the most precious thing he wants even though he clearly understands why. if he is to be honest, he never wanted to get to this point at all. the peak where everything just starts to get overwhelming and he no longer has the choice other than to go higher and see where it gets him to.

problems after sadness, over frustration; he no longer knows what to do.

should he just, once again, detach himself from the picture and run away from the problems back to the paradise he made surrounded by his passion, or should he just face his problems and man up this time?

"stupid fucking idiot. what the fuck am i supposed to do know?" he mumbles, tightly gripping the sides of his steering wheel. fingers turning red and blue as his hands start to shake with the brute strength he's using to hold the leather cover of the wheel.

without thinking, oikawa starts his car. he steps on the gas without hesitation. no other thought is coming to mind other than the image of you crying in front of him with your hands in your chest. but because of the heat of the moment; he didn't see you crying at all. all he saw was a black image with a pair of red eyes, a monster who seemed ready to devour him if he didn't fight back at all.

he takes a sharp left turn, turning to the empty high way. the road is clear and the city lights are brightly illuminating the streets. nobody is there to sit beside him, to comfort him, to tell him that it's all right, to tell him that his mistakes can be turned the other way around.

once again, nobody is there for him.

— — —

"baby." your heart breaks when you enter the room, directly kneeling on the bed side. 

jiro stares at you with his tear stained cheeks, hands wrapped around his sister securely as she dozes off against his chest. "mum." he says in a broken whisper. you sit up and sit beside him, placing your hand on his hair.

"i'm so sorry, ji. i couldn't stop him from yelling at you." you apologize, moving your hand to his cheek and rubbing the soft skin. jiro closes his eyes at the contact, finding the familiar touch and leaning into it.

"it wasn't your fault." he softly mumbles, opening his eyes to look at you. you bite on your lip, looking it the man behind you before looking back at the younger man. the guilty look is evident in your eyes, and he hates the look of it. "don't feel guilty. it wasn't your fault. it was his." he continues.

you don't utter a word, wrapping your arms around his shoulders. your hand moves to the back of his head, resting him against your broad shoulders. "you can cry."

and it takes those simple words for him to come undone in your hold. his tears drop down on your shoulders, the cold liquid dripping down to your exposed arm. you look at sakusa as his face turns sullen, noticing the shaking body of the young man.

"i hate him mum. i was starting to like him again. but he truly is just like his own kind." a bitter taste spreading through his mouth upon uttering the words. the tears falling from his eyes no longer filled with sadness, it's now replaced with nothing but pure hatred. "i thought he'd finally come back this time. but he isn't coming back anymore is he? not that i would even allow him."

"he isn't coming back bub. but you have someone else know. we have kiyoomi now, don't we?"

jiro rises his eyes from your shoulder towards the curly man. his eyes are suspicious and eerie, as if he isn't comfortable with the older man around the three of you. "you're not going to leave, are you?"

the question takes you by surprise. you don't know what's going around in that head of his, but one thing is for sure. he is thinking about you and his sister, putting you both before him. "if you're going to leave and break hearts, i'd rather you do it now."

"who says i'm leaving and breaking hearts? who says i'm going to let you three down?" sakusa comes closer and eyes the young man. jiro's avian like stare remains stagnant as the latter places his hand on his brown hair. "i'm not leaving you three alone. i've already decided on that."

jiro's eyea soften when sakusa bends himself down to his eyes. onyx hues looking directly yet so softly into his caramel ones.

"you don't have to be afraid anymore. i'm here, and i will always be here."

[!]
bye i was actually thinking of killing oikawa off HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no really though i wrote this whole part. it was so dramatic and i was subconsciously doing it until i realized i was literally about to kill oikawa.
anyways, soft n short chapter before the peak of it lol