thirty-eight

sakusa's eyes open as he stirs awake from his unconscious state. the cold wind blowing against his back with the sun seeping through the open windows. the bright light illuminating the room, brightly.

"(Y/N)..." he softly calls, opening his eyes while his hand clutches the spot it lays on; which happens to be your waist. his eyes look straight on the clock, eyeing the time with squinted eyes.

the time is quarter until eight, surprisingly early considering the fact that he's so snug beside you. he might have expected to wake up a bit later than usual, since you just feel so comfortable beside him.

"(Y/N)." he softly calls you out once more, running his hand on your side up and down, but nothing seems to be waking you up. your face buried into his buff chest, eyes closed with soft snores leaving your lips. sakusa smiles at the sight, you looking so relaxed, opposite to your usual demeanour, you just seem a bit too.. peaceful.

his hand that was underneath your head from the night before, still laying limp in the same position. it seems to have fallen asleep on its own, no presence for involuntary movement, whatsoever. but he really doesn't mind, it would be rude of him to break you off your ever so peaceful sleep.

"sakusa..?" you call out, in what seems to be in your sleep. he looks down at you with curious eyes, his hand that lays on your waist moving upwards to remove the hair that covers your face.

"hm?" he hums, tucking the piece behind your ear. you groan into his chest upon hearing his deep morning voice, further burying your face into his snug chest. "aren't you going to wake up?" he asks you, his hand moving to the back of your head, and resting his hand on it.

"it's too early." you reply with your own groggy morning voice. he chuckles at your answer, simply nodding lightly.

"how about the others? aren't they going to eat?" he asks you.

"they can manage. they know how to use a toaster." you reply, hand moving to his waist and laying it there. he snickers at your answer, pulling your head from his chest lightly and looking at your face. eyes closed, and lips formed into a sultry pout.

"but we're out of bread." he tells you, moving his hand to the tip of your nose and bopping it lightly making your eyes open.

"is it my problem?" you say, looking at him. he scrunches his face at your answer, flicking your forehead backwards.

"sometimes you really do forget that you have two kids, don't you?" he snorts jokingly. you roll your eyes at him and his joke, stretching out your feet and your hands behind you with a loud groan.

"are you going to get up?" you ask him, placing your hands on his chest, drawing random shapes on it. he looks behind you, eyes locking with the clock once more, before he looks back at you. he shrugs his shoulders and grabs his phone from the nightstand behind you.

"it's pretty early, and we don't have practice today." he says looking on his screen, making sure there's no event he's going to today. "but atsumu told me that we can do free practice today. i'm not sure if i'll go or not."

"oh right, atsumu is here. and hinata, also bokuto." you remember, propping your elbow to the side and hoisting your body upwards.

"it's very quiet, way too quiet, considering the fact that they're around." sakusa comments with a skeptical face, hand moving off your waist. you shrug your shoulders, reaching out a for the hair tie that's placed on his side of the night stand, and tying your hair with it.

"they're probably asleep, let them be." you say, dangling your feet of the edge before getting off the comfort of the soft mattress. he lets out a small 'hm' at you, getting up on his own and looking at the curtains that being blown by the wind.