fifty-nine

no fucking way.

"who's the new girl?" atsumu asks, looking at the woman who stands before them. her body bent ninety degrees forward as they all look at her with keen eyes. both atsumu and bokuto raise a brow, but with bokuto holding less of the conflicted face.

"new manager?" bokuto mutters, looking at her as she rises and shows everyone a dashing smile. looking her up and down, she does seem innocent to bokuto, but she clearly holds less of a friendly face that he had expected her to hold. "she uses she-slash-her, right? probably; not that that's derogatory though."

"whatever her pronouns are, let's go and introduce ourselves!" hinata pounces on bokuto, hands on his broader shoulders as they make their way to the new girl. atsumu on the other hand simply shrugs, following in suit of the two men with curiosity in his eyes. however sakusa on the contrary stays grounded, eyes widened but face void of any emotion. his voice stuck in his throat, as he looks at the young woman get introduced to the team.

"sakusa! come, introduce yourself to aoki-san." one of his teammates call. he takes a deep breath, standing from his position and looking at the girl. his expression quite unreadable. while sakusa looks a bit conflicted, misaki on the other hand has the brightest smile on her face. eyes shining, lips churned upwards as she looks at the man who stands only a few feet away from her.

"oh— i actually know sakusa-san, we're childhood friends!" misaki beams, hands behind her back, bashfully smiling. "though we actually met up a day ago—"

"you're sakusa's girlfriend?!"

that obnoxious voice matched with the irritating question grabs your attention without a fail. your expression turns from blank to sour at a fast rate, turning your head to the team on the other side of the court.

"excuse you?" you mutter underneath your breath, looking at them as they all mutter amongst themselves with sakusa and misaki being the focal point of their topic.

"oh, did i hit you?" hirugami asks, a bit worried as he creeps up from behind you. your turn around and see the team captain loom over you with a slightly worried face. "sorry, i was just going to grab the clipboard and look at my stats."

"oh, you didn't don't worry and here the folder." you reach out for the clip board, handing it to him. he thanks you and walks away, a sheepish apology leaving past his lips, to which you accept without even knowing what he is apologizing for. you are barely listening nor paying attention to your surroundings, with your ears heightened; listening to the conversation that's going on from the other side of the gym.

"did you hear that too?"

"who the hell in the room didn't." you bitterly mutter, already knowing who's conversing with you. the white haired man doesn't make another sound, simply looking behind him.

"don't they see the real deal is in the same room? or are they just that stupid." hoshiumi breathily says, scoffing a bit as he turns back to where you're situated at. "that's why they barely even win games because they're that stupid."

"give it a break kourai, kiyoomi knows better than that." you tell him sternly, straightening your back, eyes trained at the huddled team behind you both. "as much as i wish that i can put my ear into their conversation, kiyoomi is smart enough to know what's right and wrong." you sigh, turning to him and smiling at him genuinely.

"yeah, remember that when it gets back to bite you on the ass." he rolls his eyes, turning his back on you. you roll your eyes at the man, holding the bottle tray and walking back to where the rest of the team are. heaving a small sigh, you turn your head once more and look at the on going conversation that seems to be the hot topic of the opposing team.