thirty-three

"omi-kun. i have a question." atsumu props his elbows on his knees, looking at the man beside him.

"what?"

"you and (Y/N)-chan have been together since three months ago right?" atsumu pauses, looking down on his calloused hands. "how does it feel like... to be, er- in love?"

"in love?"

"yes. in love." atsumu repeats. "how did it feel at first?"

the question leaves sakusa open. if he isn't cautious he might just actually expose the fake relationship, and that means a whole load of explaining.

but, he does not know the answer to atsumu's question. how would he know? you two aren't a real thing. hell, you haven't even kissed! well you technically did, in the cheek, but that doesn't count as a real kiss.

"i don't know. it just happened, i guess." he replies, looking away. atsumu raised a brow at the man, confused.

"isn't it like what people say? you know, butterflies when you see them.. or when you two accidentally touch you both jerk away.. oh! and also when you kiss for the first time, it's the most romantic thing ever!"

"butterflies? is it like an illness symptom or something?" sakusa asks, looking directly at the faux blond.

"i don't know. you're supposed to know, you have a girl don't you?" atsumu asks, skeptical. suspicion arises in him, is falling in love not the same as how the people say it is?

"(y/n) and i are just different." sakusa mumbles, trying to break the topic. but atsumu doesn't know that and still pushes through with it.

"does she make you feel like you're the best person in the world? does she make you feel some type of way that no one has ever made you feel before? does she unintentionally babble too much? does she pay close attention to every detail?" questions and questions stacked amongst each other as atsumu continues to ask them.

but sakusa listens, he's listening to everything. every detail, every sentence, every phrase, he's all ears paying attention.

if sakusa is to answer all those questions being thrown, he would have an answer for sure. but that doesn't mean it's enough to unravel this feeling he can't understand.

at times, you make sakusa feel like he's the best. may it be complimenting him, or just looking at him in awe, it makes him feel, somehow, complete. and you paying attention to even the smallest details about him just stirs the feeling even more, only a handful of people ever notice the smallest of details in him.

"i guess. she's unique, the type you'd want in a girl. she's more true to herself, she doesn't pretend to be somebody else. she's direct at times, but also careful. she's a goof parent even if it doesn't seem like it. she's nice but not too nice, just enough." sakusa unconsciously says in one go.

"she pays attention to details, she cares about you even when it doesn't seem like it. she's funny, has an odd sense of humour. her fashion sense is questionable, more of the today's trends but she looks good in it either way. the way her-" a sudden snicker from atsumu cuts him off making him raise a brow at the man.

"what?" sakusa asks, looking at the setter with genuine confusion written all over his face. atsumu simply snorts at his teammate, taunting him with the look on his face.

"jeez, didn't know you were that kind of in love omi. didn't need to write a whole essay about her." atsumu says standing from his position. sakusa furrows his brow, not getting what atsumu is supposed to mean.

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"you're madly in love with her! it's clear to me and everyone." atsumu winks.