seventy-two

you sigh. he's finally spotted you, however you have no desire to converse with the man who is the sole reason to the drastic down fall of your mood. so without making another sound, you turn on your heel and try re-enter your room.

"wait!" you haven't even lifted your foot off of the ground, sakusa had already stopped you. "look, i know you're not in the mood, but can we please talk?"

"i'm tired. i want to go to bed—"

"i know you just woke up." of course he does. if your bed head wasn't obvious enough, then your painfully crumpled shirt is probably the give away. "please?" if there's one thing you know about sakusa, you damn well know that he hates submitting into things. and seeing him plead, tells you how desperate he is.

"i—"

"i know you haven't eaten." he cuts you off before you can even voice out your words. it's almost funny how he's doing the most with what he has. "i can cook you something, please, just— can we talk?"

the look on his face really says a lot to you. there's no way you could decline his pleading, definitely not when his eyes look like they're about to water up. so with a sigh and a shrug you timidly nod, "..fine."

his face brightens up with just four letters. in a whim he walks into the kitchen and pulls out the food from the fridge and chooses what to cook. "this shouldn't take long, so take a seat." he says with his back turned on you. you can't help but smile a tad bit at his words, walking to the table with your heart suddenly running a bit faster than usual.

though sakusa's back is turned on you in a confident manner, if you would just tip toe and look at his face: you'd see the way his brows are furrowed as he quickly chops the seasoning in his hands. calloused hands finely making a meal out of the heart with his expression contorted. he tried to keep his breathing as tame as possible, making sure that he's not being to fidgety nor too quiet.
sure enough the rocky situation itself already has him bucking his knees, and this just adds more pressure.

"kiyoomi."

"yeah?" he turns around in an instant, his eyes meeting yours. you can't help but crack a tiny smirk, holding back your chuckle because of the way he's looking at you with a perplexed face. but still, you have to put up a facade to be tough, not to be soft.

"what are you going to cook?" you ask him, placing your hand underneath your chin and looking at him. he looks at the meat he's slicing and looks at you, biting his lip as he thinks of something.

"i figured it would be too late to cook something too complex so im making katsudon." he shrugs ever so casually, as if one second ago he wasn't sweating his balls off for your approval.

you put on a blank face, an expression that can't be sold as mad or happy, just painfully blank. however, your expression fears sakusa. he doesn't know what those eyes hold behind them, or what your inner thoughts are saying. you could potentially be cussing him out or either you could be squealing in the inside. he wouldn't know, not when you look at him without a single redeeming thought in your eyes. it's like you're a hollow being, merely a shell of your thoughts, and that is scary to the man.

"..but if you want something else—"

"no. go ahead, continue cooking." you say so monotonously. sakusa swallows the obstruction in his throat, hoping that you don't hate him for holding you up or for what you've seen earlier.

honestly, seeing sakusa like this makes you laugh. watching him bend to your every word like he's merely a sheep of the shepherd. if you weren't so upset about what you've witnessed, then maybe you would be laughing your ass of right now. but due to the events from earlier, you're stuck to biting your lip and holding yourself back from laughing.