fifty

you heave a tired sigh, submerging yourself into your white sheets, face first. it's been a tiring week, your mother coming over unannounced and giving you random phone calls at the most godforsaken hours of the day, oikawa trying to find a day where jiro wouldn't bite his head off if he comes near hindsight, and sakura trying to understand things thats pilling up.

you wish you'd just have a day off.

"(Y/N)?" a soft call breaks the eerie silence in the house. you let out a loud groan, hoping the person outside would take that as a sign to come in. and good thing, they do.

sakusa looks at your position, arms sprawled, back exposed, and your feet dangling off the bed. he figures you've already washed yourself, since the smell of your body wash and shampoo is lingering around the room.

he closes the door behind him, quietly making his entrance. you mindlessly shift, fixing yourself to face them. your lids open, [E/C] hues looking at the onyx haired man.

"what is it?" you ask him, propping your shoulders on the bed. he stares at you, making no noise whatsoever. you don't make noise as well, just silently scooting to the top of the headboard. "kiyoomi?" you call.

he doesn't respond again, just laying on the space beside you. he looks at you, raven eyes soft and full of admiration. your heart fastens at the sight, him fixing up his hair and then grabbing your hair tie by the nightstand and tying his curly locks.

"come here." he says with his hands open wide. without any hesitation you move to his side and wrap your arms around him.

he sits upright against the headboard and moves your body. his arms skillfully move your body atop of his, making you straddle his thighs. your hands move to the back of his head, running your fingers through his hair.

"are you okay?" he asks, slowly wrapping his arms around your waist. you don't say anything, keeping your silence as he runs his hand down your back. his featherlight touches give you a sense of sanctuary, the calloused pads of his finger pressing against the supple skin of your back.

"you don't have to say anything, i'm just right here."

your arms tighten at his words, heart softening as you bury yourself deeper into the crook of his neck. the smell of his cologne faintly evident, his breathing stilled whilst the comforting silence of the rook brings peace in your troubled mind.

"i know its been a rough day," he starts, his fingers stopping at the small of your back. "but you're strong, so strong. you've been a tough cookie all this time, you deserve a little break." he finishes, pulling your body impossibly closer to his own.

"omi," you softly call, your voice subtly muffled by the supple skin of his neck. but it's just enough for him to hear, the soft vibrations of your voice rippling through him.

"yes?"

"thank you." you say, detaching your face from the crook of his neck. he smiles at your adorable act, lips curving upwards as the pads of his fingers move to trace the bridge of your nose.

"anytime." he responds, moving your hair out of the way.

he directly stares into your eyes, seemingly searching for your core. onyx gaze looking through the sea of unidentified emotions. the soft touches of his calloused hands halt, moving his arm to the top of your hair.

"do you know that one thing?" he suddenly asks out of the blue.

"what 'one thing'?"

"the thing where people start to feel emotions around someone, and they want to make them feel what you feel about them too?" he elaborates, his hand steadily moving to the back of your head, fingers carding through the strands of your hair.