seventy-three

"yea, and you did this for what?" the eldest child asks his step-father in question as he leans into the counter with a cookie pressed to his lips. "you really thought that was a good plan, or something?" jiro snorts, looking up from his phone with his eyes ready to squint.

"it wasn't a plan, ji. it was something that was done out of the heat of the moment." the latter stresses,  looking at the clock behind the tween and sighing. "it's not really a deep argument if you really think about it, y'know? it's just— just— how do i say it.." sakusa tries to word his thoughts out, but nothing seems to be working in his head as of the moment.

jiro clicks his tongue and straightens his back, putting his phone into the pockets of his hoodie. he looks at sakusa who is still trying to think, but jiro has no time for that. he does not want to be involved in something he definitely knew was going to happen in the near future, moreover something he nows would affect both parties.

"mhm, whatever you say, kiyo-nii." jiro nods, lips pressed together as he looks at the contorted expression on sakusa's face. "it's not like this is any of my business anyway— well, a bit maybe— but that's besides the point. i am not going to be involved in your relationship problems because one— i'm an eleven year old. and despite being 'mature' for my age, i am not stepping into something that i don't give a crap about. two— i don't really care about all of this, unless it's bad, in example if you guys were gonna break up or something i would definitely step in and stop that: i will not be taking any 'but's' and 'no's'." jiro puts down his two fingers that he raised and cracks them with the same hands. he watches sakusa's expression intently and searches any signs of discomfort or displeasure. fortunately there is none to be found, so he sighs in relief and cranes his neck.

"i know ji. i wouldn't involve you and your sister in my and your mother's mess, we already established that rule." sakusa tells jiro, assuring him that the there is a line where this conflict stands. "and this isn't an unfixable problem, me and your mum and being— well— childish per se." as much as sakusa hates to admit it, he has to acknowledge his faults in the situation as well. "we'll fix this. i promise you."

jiro looks at sakusa and nods his head lightly, internally cheering after seeing how this situation will not suddenly go from ten to a hundred. "mhm, alright i see." he says. "but before you do anything that you know will get an opposite reaction, just know that my mother, is a very petty woman. so please do be aware." jiro tries to remind sakusa.

however, sakusa merely chuckles and presses his fingers on the bridge of his nose, smirking lightly as he looks at jiro. "believe me, i experienced that first hand and i can assure you that i won't be experiencing and committing to that pity act again."

—— —— ——

"would it be depressing if i told you i thought you two would have sex or something."

"kourai!" you hiss, slightly glaring at the man as your cheeks heat up at the mention of the intimate act.

"what? i'm just being honest." he frowns sincerely. almost as if he feels bad that you didn't have any action after the confrontation and the tension during it. "i mean, not even a heated make-our session with you two saying you both hate each other? girl." he clicks his tongue.

you roll your eyes at him and throw a clean towel to his face. "this isn't some cliché romance book, alright?" you sigh.

"with the way you're both acting? it might as hell be one babe. top selling cliché romance novel that first came out on wattpad."

"shut up." you glare.

"you're mad because you know it's true." he taunts with a smirk present on his face. you roll your eyes at him and put the towel that has fallen on his lap to his face, effectively covering his vision.