thirty-two

oikawa's thoughts are empty, his lean figure pressed against the sliding glass door of his porch. a can of beer in his hands, while he occasionally takes sips of it.

the bitter taste of the warm alcoholic drink in his hand slowly gets forgotten, while his mind brings up past actions that lead him to his current situation.

what could have gotten through his seventeen year old mind to have just left you there when you were pregnant with his first child.

was it because he was afraid? maybe because he was still so lost in his dreams? maybe because he didn't want to face the heavy responsibility at the ripe age of seventeen?

either way, he knows he fucked up, big time.

"cheers to a heartbreak." he lifelessly chuckles to nobody, bringing the opening of the can to his mouth and tilting it upwards. the bitter taste accentuated with his defeat mix making the drink even more, pungent.

• • •

"do you have spare whipped cream?" you ask the man beside you. he looks down on his ice cream cup and looks at yours, his whipped cream still on top of the teat while yours completely gone.

"there's some on the fridge." he shrugs. your brows furrow, a frown forming on your lips.

"why go to the fridge when you have an untouched pile." you mumble as you silently bring your spoon upwards ready to steal his pile. he notices your action and moves his cup away from you. you don't hesitate to glare and leap to his ice cream cup.

"(Y/N)!" he hisses as you steal his pile of ice cream with your unclean spoon. you pay no mind to the man, while you enjoy the cream. your now exposed stomach rubbing against the exposed skin of his thigh. "that was mine." he says.

"too late, should've shared instead." you send him a cunning smile with your eyes closed. he rolls his eyes at you, looking at his cup that's missing the pile of cream. but he can't bring himself to be upset at you for that, not when you're smiling so sweetly at the cup.

"damn, why does your cream taste sweeter than mine." you half complain, savouring the flavour of the cream in your mouth.

"maybe because it came from me." he snickers.

"are you trying to flirt or something?" you ask with a small frown, faking a disgusted expression.

"no." he scoffs, placing back the cup in front of him. you don't move away from his thigh, enjoying the warmth of his skin. he doesn't mind your weight, somehow enjoying the contact.

"should we get more ice cream?" you ask out of the blue, rolling over to face him. he looks at you and thinks for a split second before shaking his head. "why not?" you pout.

"you shouldn't have asked if you were going to protest against my answer. idiot." he says, placing his forefinger against your forehead and pushing it. you throw your head back with a small yelp, your head hitting the soft pillow above you.

"i was just curious." you mumble, glaring at the man while you rub the red patch on your forehead. he chuckles as he places another spoon full in his mouth, causing his hand to inch to the side.

"there's cream on the side of your mouth." you comment while you point at the white liquid on the corner of his mouth. he looks down on it and lets out a small 'tch', turning his body to grab a tissue. you make your move as well, reaching your hand out for the tissue box above you.

you then place your half empty ice cream container on the glass table and sit up with a small grunt. you then pull out two tissues and press them on the corner of his lip.

your action causes him to stiffen up, staying in the position he's in. he feels the dry paper against the corner of his lip while you wipe it away in a single movement. your touch soft against his skin, and when you finish up the touch still lingers on it.

"what?" you ask as you put away the tissue on the table. his breath hitches while his eyes stays glued on your features. this isn't the first time his eyes stayed on your face, but have you ever looked this beautiful before?

"nothing." he mumbles quickly purposely looking away. you shrug your shoulders, sinking your body back on the soft sofa. he though somewhat malfunctions, a bit shaken up without a reason.

you reach out for your cup messily. once your hand touches the cold cup your hand jerks abruptly. a splat of the ice cream falls unto your exposed collarbone.

"shit." you curse, looking down on the splat. sakusa doesn't waste a second and grabs the box of tissues and pull out a couple of sheets.

"stay still." you aren't given a millisecond to process what he's doing. he's already wiping off the splat, jus like what you did for him.

his face is at least three inches close yours making you giddy. you feel his calloused hands wiping off the splat, his fingers raking upwards to the affected area.

you make his job easier and throw your head back. sakusa bites down on his lip, your exposed neck stirring something in him. the skin on it somewhat missing something,

it looks like it's missing a pretty necklace.

"all done." he quickly says, backing away avoiding more contact. you smile at his small action and sit up straight, your face now facing his cheek.

"what-"

"thank you." you say, pressing a kiss on his cheek. he freezes in place, and you take that opportunity to stand and go back to you room.

sakusa stays still with wide eyes, his breath caught in his throat. his hand then trails to the spot where your lips pressed against. the feeling still lingering on the skin like muscle memory.

for the first time in his life, sakusa just wants you to repeat what you just did.

[!]
you all better trust me when i say these are actually useful chapters. it's for the ✨development✨