we can't be scared to live forever

"So I have called you all here today to apologize," I said to all of my friends.

Addy and Kayla were on facetime as they were at college.

"Go on," Becca had her legs crossed and Paige had her arms crossed.

Asher was here too to make sure nothing got out of hand. And besides I really wanted him here too.

"I was selfish. I was also scared because Omega used you all against me. So I thought not being near you guys or having anything to do with you would be best. I'm sorry."

"It was selfish because you never asked what we thought," Paige said, not looking at me.

"I know, it wasn't fair."

"You're right it wasn't," Marshall added.

I cusped my hands together, "I know. I'm hoping all of you will accept my apology."

"To be fair she did pay the price, she had the dead flu a few days ago," Asher mentioned.

I hit him on the arm, he really was using that against me. He would laugh about when he dropped me on the ground. Actually everyone was getting a crack out of it around the house.

"Dead flu?" Addy asked through the phone.

I rolled my eyes, "It's something aliens can get. Omega injected me with it directly that night. I was also never vaccinated so it made it ten times worse for me."

"Your real parents were anti-vax?" Kayla giggled to Addy.

"More like they didn't have the vaccine to give me since my planet is gone." That made everyone go silent. "It's fine though. I was born here so it's not that big of a deal!" I added.

"Can we all confer together?" Paige asked.

I nodded and they took the phone into another room. I truly hated them.

"Ten bucks says they won't forgive you," Asher leaned in to whisper.

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Very funny."

Asher laughed and they all walked back in.

"We forgive you, on the condition that when we are all together next time you show us your powers. And you run to other places and buy us stuff," Paige announced.

"That's it?" I asked.

They all looked at each other, "Yes?"

"Okay. Works for me," I said getting up from the couch.

We said our goodbyes to Kayla and Addy and we were the only ones left now.

"Can I talk to Leah alone?" Marshall asked them.

They all immediately scattered out of the room.

I couldn't look at him. No way. He would just look really upset or either mad I didn't know which. But I had no plans on looking at him.

"That day you were sick I felt so bad for you because you were screaming in pain. But then I remembered you broke up with me while I was in the hospital after being stabbed. And then I still felt bad." He stopped talking. "Could you look at me?"

I turned around slowly, "I never meant to hurt you."

"You did. I told you, you never could hurt me but I was wrong. I waited for you to see me and the time you did you broke up with me!"

I fists were clenched hard as I didn't want to cry, an angry Marshall is a Marshall I never thought I would see.

"Because you know me, Omega almost killed you! Marshall I held you with your life in my hands! It was like Hayden all over again! I couldn't do that. So I decided on my own to not have that happen again. But Odessa made me realize I did exactly what he wanted me to. He used you to get to me!" I yelled at him.

"You never let me have a say! Leah I love you! I could care less about what anyone does or says about that, cause I told you it's us against everything and I meant that. You don't have to do this alone!"

Marshall was panting for words.

I was getting flustered at the fact that Marshall was actually arguing with me right now.

"I know that now! I just didn't want you to be hurt ever again. I watched you be wheeled away not knowing if you were going to live or die. I thought I was never going to be able to say I love you to you! Because I do love you and that's why I did what I did! And that is what hurt the most knowing I never said those three stupid words to you when I should have!"

Marshall's arms went slack, "You love me?"

"I love you."

Marshall grabbed my waist and pulled me into him. His lips found mine and my hands went to his hair. He kissed me like he had never kissed me before. His hands drifted low and a moan escaped my lips at his hands exploring my body.

He stopped and our foreheads touched.

"I love you and I'm sorry," I whispered.

His hand cupped my cheeks, "I'm sorry for scaring you."

"Me too. With the whole dead flu thing."

Marshall laughed, "I thought it was weird seeing Landon and your dad come to me. Asher told me you all talked. Does it feel good to have them now?"

"Very good."

"I'm sure it was probably really cute to see me like that though," I smiled.

"All sweaty and moaning? Oh it was a sight to see," his hand laced with mine.

I covered my mouth and my cheeks burned with embarrassment, "Honestly it was the worst thing I have ever gone through."

"Oh I wouldn't doubt it," he swung our hands, "Want to get ice cream?"

"Does it involve you getting hurt?"

Marshall lifted up his shirt to reveal his scar. My fingers ran along it, it was jagged but it looked like it was healing well. "I think I've had my share of being hurt for a while. And we can't be scared to live forever."

"I still have you beat with scars though," I trailed off.

Marshall smiled and looked down at me, "I didn't know it was a competition."

"It's not!"

Marshall pulled me away, "Let's go see if everyone wants to go too."

And just like that everything was fine. Well for now. Omega was still a problem but I was just going to live for now.