they said you would be here

The first day of senior year was awful, I had to go back to everyone giving me condolences about Hayden. Since her death was so late in the year I didn't go to school much and if I did I didn't stay long.

So everyone was saying sorry to me and I wanted to come back to school with fresh new eyes.

That didn't happen.

I spotted Paige and Becca in the hallways and I ran up to them and they slung their arms around me.

"How are we feeling about senior year?" Paige asked.

"Good," Becca and I answered at the same time. We looked at each other and giggled.

Marshall attacked us from behind along with River.

River was one of Marshall's new friends, he was a junior who became close with during summer football practices. River was tall, he had cinnamon brown skin with freckles all over. His hair was short, and his eyes were a deep brown that sometimes were a light brown.

River looked even more excited than Marshall did today.

River stole Paige around from my arm and spun her around. According to Marshall, River liked Paige. Paige was utterly clueless at the fact that he did.

I did tell Becca when Marshall told me, we had been trying to hint to her that he liked her but nothing.

"So North and Taylor, where are you off to?" Marshall squeezed in the middle of us since Paige and River ran off.

Becca pulled out her schedule, "I have greenhouse." She handed hers to Marshall and he snacthed mine along with hers anc was comparing it to his.

"We have no classes together in the North." He pouted and his eyes looked sad.

I took my schedule back, "When did that ever stop you from seeing me?"

He rolled his eyes and disconnected from us, "Fair point. See you guys at lunch!"

Becca's head turned to me, "When are you going to admit you like him?"

I nearly choked hearing her words and my face burned up. I fixed my hair as if it suddenly got hot. "I have no idea what you are talking about."

Becca pulled me off to the side where the entrance of my class was, "'When did that ever stop you from seeing me?' Oh please Leah."

"It's the truth!" I pleaded.

Her green eyes practically sighed themselves and she ran her fingers through her hair, "Remember when you did the same thing with Odessa and Asher with me? This is payback. I see how you too look at each other. You lie all the time Leah, this is one of them."

"Whatever Becca, I'll see you at practice yeah?"

"Whatever Leah, avoid it until you can't! Then I'll be waiting and I told you so!" Becca disappeared down the hallway.

I don't like Marshall. Becca was just being Becca and messing with things that just aren't that way.

~~~

I had a break from practice so I sat on the bleachers and was working on my portfolio for college. It was something I was making a priority.

I had in my earbuds and was using every last chance I had. Doubling everything was challenging but I was constantly busy.