i've really missed you

"So you talked to him?" Landon asked, handing me a fry.

I had met up with Landon to talk about Omega. After everything went down I didn't have much time to chat with him.

With the football season almost ending in like a month I was busy. That and we had school off and I was stuck at home.

My parents didn't let me leave much but I did go and hang out with Marshall.

We even invited Becca and Paige over to join us sometimes. They were still kind of freaked out by it all and got super scared when I would go out as Guardian.

I mean everything clicked when they knew but it was just weird to get used to.

Our school was getting better things to handle if another situation like that happened and my parents were happy I was safe. But they also ridiculed me for attacking one of the guys. My dad was really proud of me, Landon and my mom not so much.

"Yeah. It was weird, it was almost like he had planned out everything. From the fact that he got every one of his guys out, had one left by him. Had plenty of time to talk to me. It all felt so weird,"

"You think he really did that all for something?"

"I think he does everything for something."

Landon hummed thinking about my words, "Thanks for saving my sister by the way. I don't know what I would have done if I had to lose another sibling."

I brushed off my salty hands from the fries, "I have to protect you North's. I kind of owe you all that."

Landon smiled, "I have a family dinner to get to, talk soon?"

I had completely forgotten about that, Asher was the one this time to have one. After everything had cooled down and what happened with me I'm sure he wanted something.

Dad also made me invite Marshall, Asher had invited Becca so it was only fair. I did feel bad for Victoria because she didn't have a date for tonight so she would be alone.

"Yeah."

Landon left and I had to go meetup with Marshall. He was waiting at the safe house so we could go together.

I sped into the house and dematerialized my suit quickly. Marshall was looking through papers and he looked up at me and smiled, "You look very nice for a family dinner."

I wore a skirt with a beige crop top and some tennis shoes. I mean it was better than what I wore most days and I never looked nice for family dinners.

But this one felt a little different.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I peaked at the papers he was looking at.

Marshall has been trying really hard to make new upgrades on the console. It wasn't working as well as when we started it up so he was trying to understand blueprints.

He moved away from the papers and hugged me from behind. He kissed my head, "I think you look beautiful as always."

I leaned my head up to kiss him back, "Whatever, we should get going unless you want to skip it to work on your project?"

He grabbed my hands and pulled me away from the counters, "We need to go. Besides, your dad wanted you to invite me. Kind of a big deal that your girlfriend's dad invites you."

I pulled his hand for him to stop and we were outside now. "Girlfriend?"

His face pulled into a sad expression, "Is that not what we are?..."