people like us shouldn't be alone

I didn't go see Marshall for a few days. He had made it out of surgery but I couldn't see him.

I didn't see anyone for that matter.

Mom tried to get me to go, and I wouldn't budge. Asher tried talking to me about what happened and I couldn't.

Nothing felt right.

I wasn't talking to anyone. I was scared to be honest.

I felt like Omega was watching my every move.

I kept a hold of that picture he either dropped on accident or did on purpose. But nowadays I feel like he did everything on purpose.

And I was at a loss. He managed to take everything I loved and pit it against me.

I was scared to go anywhere they were. So I stayed in my room for days. My parents didn't force me into going to school. I was grateful because if I was going to be honest I probably would have skipped.

I felt guilty and it sucked.

I see why my parents did what they did. Isolating me from who I really was. I mean Mia died because of who I was. Marshall almost died because of who I really was.

It all sucked because right when I was feeling good, when life felt normal it was taken away.

I guess that's the consequences of meddling where I shouldn't.

All I ever did was want to help and I had this in return.

I just wanted to be a hero. That's all.

But why did it have to be so hard?

Why did having normal things be so hard?

My phone buzzed and it was an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey it's Elliot. I saw the news, it seemed really bad. I just wanted to reach out. People like us shouldn't be alone right? Same goes for you... let me know if I can do anything. Or talk to someone I'm here for you.

I saved Elliot's contact into my phone. I let a tear slip out from his message. I can't believe he was the first one to reach out.

I was giving his space and letting him go back to normality and I didn't want to immediately pry. But it was nice he texted me first and asked about me.

Me: Thanks for reaching out to Elliot. I'm okay.

Elliot: Lies. But okay, here for you always <3

God he really was the sweetest boy alive. After everything he had been through he still remained a good person.

He had a good future ahead of him. I could feel it.

~~~

The next day I decided to go see Marshall. I also needed to talk to my friends who stayed in town.

Addy and Kayla didn't want to leave until Marshall was out of the hospital.

But I had decided on something. It might be the stupidest thing ever but I had to. At least until this is all over.

I needed to cut all ties with everyone until Omega was done for.

My list was:

Breakup with Marshall

Tell my friends I can't see them anymore

Talk to Odessa for some villain advice

I needed to do that all asap before Omega attacked again. I figured since Marshall was in the hospital I could knock out number one and two.

It was selfish of me to do this but if I have nothing to do with them maybe just maybe he could leave them alone.

I hated doing this but it was all I could think of. And maybe if they didn't hate me too much after this it could go back to normal and I would never be Guardian again.

And if not I would just disappear like my parents always wanted.

When I stepped into Marshall's hall where he was staying Asher and Becca were sitting outside of his room.

They stood up when they saw me, by Asher's face I knew he knew who I was.

"Can I go in?" I asked.

"Of course yeah," Becca said softly, opening the door for me.

I took a deep breath and stepped in. He was reading a book and set it down when he saw me.

I immediately started crying when he started crying.

"I'm so sorry," I broke out.

Marshall shook his head trying to sit up, "It's okay."

"It's not. You almost died."

"I know, but I'm okay-"

"You might not have."

"But I didn't."

I sighed, "It's my fault-"

"It's not-"

"It is. You almost died because of me. And if that happened I wouldn't be able to live with myself because I vowed I was not going to lose anyone else. If you were that someone else Marshall," I stopped for a second trying to take a breath, "I wouldn't be able to live knowing another death was on my hands."

"It's not your fault!" Marshall exclaimed, wincing a little.

I shook my head, "It is. You know who I am! You are tied to me because I am a Delorian. Because I'm Leah Legend. And hell because I'm Guardian. I couldn't save you. I had to stand there defenseless and plead with him. I had to watch the person I love be stabbed like how my sister died. Then I had to carry you here in my arms. Your blood was on my hands."

Marshall was crying hard and so was I. I put my hand on my hip to support myself.

"I don't blame you-"

"You should."

"But I don't. And neither does anyone else!"

"I can't stop him! I couldn't stop Multiplex when it mattered and I can't now!"

Marshall rubbed his hand over his face. I wiped my tears away. I stood there frozen and Marshall had nothing to say.

My heart broke to do this. If I was going to stop him I had to do this.

I loved him.

And this is breaking my heart just as much and probably as much as it's going to break his.

"Marshall, we need to break up," I said.

The words cut him deep fast as his mind was racing, "What?"

"We need to break up," I repeated.

"No-"

"Yes. You almost died because you matter the most to me! I won't do this again. I won't put any of you through this again. First with the school and now this? No."

"We can get through it-"

"There is no we anymore Marshall!" I exclaimed.

Pain flashed over his face, "Fine. If that's how you want it. I won't beg for you when I know you won't change your mind."

"I'm sorry-"

"Just go Leah. Please."

I nodded and walked out of the room, everyone was standing outside the room. They probably heard it all and at this point I don't care.

"Leah," Becca tried to grab my arm to comfort me.

I jerked away, "I can't."

"Leah," Kayla started to walk toward me and I backed up.

"I won't put you all through this. I'm sorry but I'm asking you to stay away from me."

"This is what he wants," Paige said.

"I'm sorry," I turned around and walked away.

I broke everyones heart and mine in the process.

I needed to scream, I needed to let this all out.

And I knew the best place.