beautiful but dangerous thing

Landon and Victoria came running up to me and I turned around to face them.

"What were you doing here?" We all asked at the same time.

"I was investigating," I answered.

They both looked at each other, "So were we."

I looked at the building where firefighters were putting out the flames. That building was going to have serious damage but at least I ate the food before it all went to shit.

"I talked to him," I said to them.

Landon was immediately intrigued, "What did he say?"

"He is the one behind everything. And when I say everything I mean everything. The protests, the alien attacks, everything messed up right now Omega is behind it all."

"Wait, why did he just preach about how bad aliens were to then use them to help kill humans?" Victoria asked.

"That's what I want to know," I whispered.

Victoria pulled out a flyer out of her back pocket. She handed it to me to look at. "Found this while everything was going to shit in there."

The flyer read as an alien fight club. Jesus. Could this get any worse? It was telling it as a secretive thing only the elite get invited. On the back in small print was the passcode to get in.

It was a string of code, a bunch of letters and numbers all mixed in together. The flyer on the other hand would look like nothing if you weren't invested in this whole thing.

"It's this coming weekend. We were trying to see what it is and tear it down from the inside. I'm going to need some help," Landon held out his hand to take the flyer.

"My help?"

"All three of us, I want to enter you into the fight club." Landon was being completely serious.

I scoffed, "Why me?"

"You are the best alien around and the only one I know and trust."

Landon's face was telling the complete truth. "But Hayden-"

"We don't blame you," Victoria stepped forward.

My chest was tight, "Okay I'll do it. Where do you want to meet?"

"Where it all began," Landon said with a dramatic effect.

Victoria and I looked at each other. I glared at him, "Where what began? Because there have been a lot of those."

"The Multiplex warehouse where the machine was. It's far away and no one will know. I will have my team of guys ready to go in when we have all the information we can get. If Omega is the one really controlling all this we might be able to get some answers before we storm in the place."

My heart seized at the thought of going back to that place but if I could save human and alien lives I would do whatever it takes.

"I will be there for a story of course. I want to report these kinds of things," Victoria smiled at me.

I nodded and I couldn't stand here and chat with them. I never feel like I could because what if they find out who I really am? I would die. They would kill me.

As much as I liked being a part of their team I desperately wanted to go tell Marshall the news. "I need to head out, are you guys good?"

"We'll be good, go."

I raced after the safe house and Marshall had his legs propped up on the couch watching the news. Once he heard me come in he ran over and gave me a tight hug.

My suit dematerialized and I hugged him back. He tightened the hug when I accepted it. He smelled so good while I probably smelled like smoke and sweat.

His hand was cupping the back of my head. "You didn't tell me."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know if it was going to be anything worthwhile so I didn't say anything."

He pulled back and his hands were holding my arms tight, "You tell me when you go out and do shit like that. I don't want to find out through a tv. You had me so scared."

His eyes wandered all over my body again. I cupped his face, "I promise. I'm sorry I scared you... But I have news." He hummed as my hand went from his face and moved down his body. "Omega is this guy's name. He is behind everything, the protests and alien attacks."

He grabbed my hand as it was laying on his chest, "Another big bad?"

"Afraid so."

"We will get him."

"Next weekend there is this alien fight club I'm going to with Landon and Victoria," I added.

His body seized with worry, "You and your siblings in a room together for a long period of time where they have no idea who you are? Think it's a good idea?

I shrugged letting my hand fall, "I've been okay so far. Besides, it could give us more information about this Omega guy."

He only hummed and looked back up to me, "What day?"

"Next Sunday. Why?"

"We got invited to this thing on Saturday.." Marshall started to say and I pushed him to go on. "Atlas is holding this ball thing and we both got invited to go."

"We can go, we just have to be back Sunday afternoon."

Marshall smiled, hugging me again, "I will call him." He pulled away again abruptly, "You smell, go shower before we eat ice cream."

"You got ice cream?"

"Well I thought you were going to be home earlier so yeah."

Home. He just called this place home. I could kiss him right now if I didn't feel so gross right now.

That and it felt like a horrible time too.

"I'll be quick then," I ran past him, not letting him see my cheeks turn bright red and my markings appear all over my body.

Marshall Alden was turning into my home. It was a beautiful but dangerous thing.