just good?

I was scrubbing the temporary dye out of my hair for hours when I got home.

I did contact Landon through a burner phone to make sure Elliot was getting home safely. Turns out he is Elliot Kessler, 17 years old, and had a sister, mother and father.

Before he was turned into an alien he truly was a scrawny, blonde hair mess with green eyes that reminded me of Atlas and Odessa's. It was weird seeing him without all the scars all over his body and face.

He looked like a baby then and well not so much now.

He was from Maury City in the west where he was a football player that sat the bench most games. He was fairly popular and was very involved in school.

Before he was kidnapped he was a sophomore the semester I made my debut as Guardian. A few months before that he was kidnapped and until now he has been held captive which makes over a year for him.

Landon told me Elliot had serious trauma and he was going to have to go to therapy and such. But he was being cooperative in helping them find any others out there like him.

His family had picked him up from Starlight city and they were headed back to Maury.

Elliot hasn't texted me at all and I doubt he had a phone so I could only hope he kept my phone number.

Once I finally got the dye out I walked downstairs to see dinner was cooked by dad.

"Mom had to be called in so it's just you and me kiddo."

I sat on the kitchen island pinning my hair up, "Smells good."

"Old recipe. Can't remember the last time I cooked."

He made us plates and he sat next to me on the island.

"Did your road trip with Marshall go well?" he asked, passing me the salt.

It was the lie I told them so I could go to the ball with him. I had completely forgotten about it as if I didn't just get back today. But so much had happened in the past twenty four hours it completely passed my mind.

"It was good."

"Just good?"

"Yes dad, just good."

"Nothing happened?" he poked at me.

I rolled my eyes knowing where this was headed, "Nothing."

He took a drink, "It's okay if something did. Marshall is a good boy-"

"Got it dad!"

"You know how I said last week you reminded me of Liam?"

He is talking about Liam again. Out of all the years it's weird how he only mentions him now. Maybe I'm just reading into it.

"Mmhm?"

"He never would tell me his feelings for Lily but god they were just so out in the open. It's like you and Marshall. It's okay if you like him."

"I might," I coughed out.

Never would I think after being on another planet, being in a fight club, and then talking to my own dad about my feelings for Marshall would happen all in one day.

"Did something happen between you two?"

"Dad-"

"You don't have to tell me but I would like to know what my daughter is doing. I trust you."

Oh if only you knew what I did today then.

"We kissed," I revealed to him. He practically almost spit out his drink. "We didn't do anything else I promise! I promise!"

"It's okay I just wasn't expecting you to be so honest."

"You asked!"

"I know!" he rubbed his head like he gained years onto his life. "Thank you for being honest."

I grabbed my plate off the table, "I think I'm going to go upstairs now."

"Yeah that would be best."

Today has been marked as a very weird day in my history book. One I was not willing to repeat.