you're just a kid

Sunday, September 14th rolled around and I pulled up my hoodie and makeshift mask underneath.

I went in through the backway of the restaurant and used my speed and rushed down without making a scene, or sound, or sight. The most they probably felt was a gush of wind.

I stood in the shadows where no one would see me. I was in all black and I doubt anyone could see me. And if they did I was in big trouble.

There was a whole stage under here with tables. In front of the tables were rows and rows of chairs for an audience.

The rows kept filling in and filling in even the tables were being taken up.

Amongst the people who were in here I spotted Landon and Victoria walking in and sitting next to each other.

Why were they both here?

Why did I even ask that question?

Victoria is here for a story and Landon is here for any kind of crime.

My eyes stayed on them. The lights started to dim a little bit and someone stepped onto stage.

They wore a mask except it only showed their left eye. It looked like their face that was covered up was damaged in some way.

"I would like to thank you all for joining me here today on this lovely evening," Their voices boomed across the stage and around the people.

Their voice carried like weights and it was terrifying. Their presence was also terrifying. They were in all black like I was now but they had silver embellishments all over. Their boots were silver and part of their arm was silver. It looks like they were severely injured all over.

"I am Omega. I am one of the strongest alien hunters you will ever see. I also like you all have been affected by aliens. You see, aliens damaged my body. My face was perfect until aliens destroyed it. My life was perfect until aliens destroyed it. How many of your lives have been affected by aliens!"

Everyone in the room raised their hands, even Victoria and Landon. Hell, even I could raise my hand to that one.

"You see, it's our duty as humans to keep our planet protected by them! They are our enemies! We are afraid to leave our houses to do simple attacks without feeling afraid that an alien could kill us! We have a right to make things right!"

Everyone was clapping and hollering with excitement. They loved his words and he couldn't get them to stop.

Could he be the one who said I would be there to that alien? Could he be the one behind everything?

He paced around the stage waiting for everyone to become quiet.

"Aliens live among us. There is one among us now!" Omega lifted his hand out to grab one of the audience members by the throat. Except he was using his mind, or rather his arm that was all silver.

The person struggled grabbing at their throat and Omega dropped him on the stage. He stuck his silver arm and extended a blade and sliced across the person's arm. They cried out and their skin turned a bright red.

The blade reminded me of Multiplex and Odessa and I moved slightly forward as Landon stood up holding his gun to Omega.

I was getting deja vu very fast. One sign at Omega threatening to hurt anyone in the room I was going to attack him.

"Landon North and Victoria North, I'm so surprised to see you here! How are your parents?" Omega sounded excited through his silver mask.

He knew my parents? Who didn't know my parents.... Maybe this was a coincidence. I mean my parents were well known, maybe he didn't personally know them.

"Step away from them," Landon warned as he still kept the gun pointed to him.

Omega stepped in front of the alien, "I'd rather not do this."

"Then step away," Landon sneered.

Omega clicked his tongue and hit a nerve in the alien and fire broke out across the room. I ran out and extended a force field fast enough not many people got burned except for maybe the first two rows.

Omega was out of sight behind the fire. I held the force field up and Landon ran for me.

"You think you can get everyone out?" I yelled at him through the crackling of the intense fire.

"You think you can stop him?" Landon yelled back.

"I can try if you can!"

He nodded once and ran back over to Victoria. They started funneling people out and I ran up to the stage dawning my suit.

The flames washed over my suit like nothing and I met Omega in the middle of the stage.

"Hello Guardian," he greeted and extended his blade.

Serious deja vu was happening right now.

I never used my special powers, like my weapons or lightning. Now I was thinking about doing so.

I let power wash over my body and made a break through the fire and threw power blasts at him. He dodged every single one and when I got close he threw me against the wall.

"Did you get my message that one time? I sent an alien just to you so you knew I was a real thing," He picked me up by my hood and threw me into the ground.

I grasped at his mask and let fire into it melting the silver and he screamed out in pain. I punched him and that made him stagger back.

He was the one. He was behind it all. But why? Why send aliens and then preach about how awful they were? His motives didn't make sense.

I kicked at his admonden and he fell backward and when he did he was nothing but smoke.

I looked around but everything was engulfed in flames. I picked up the alien who was crying and was still producing flames. I let my hand go across their wound that Omega created and cooled it down with my ice. The flames ceased and they were panting.

"I didn't mean to hurt anyone," the alien coughed out.

"I know."

"You saved me."

"I did."

"You're just a kid-" the alien coughed again. I carried them up through the flames, "All I wanted to was live normally. My friends insisted on coming. I had no idea-" the alien explained.

"It was not your fault, it was his."

"You are a delorian?"

"I am."

"The gods have sent you. I owe you my life," the alien was still coughing.

I carried them to an ambulance, "You owe me nothing. Be careful, things aren't safe for people like us."

They grabbed at my hand and had to let go. Victoria and Landon were racing after me as I sent the alien away in an ambulance.

Everything got so much more complicated again.

This was Multiplex all over again but so much worse.