both worlds

"Could you hurry up Paige?" Becca was impatiently waiting by the printer for Paige to get done.

Paige made us go to the library with her so she didn't have to go alone. That and she had no idea how to use the printer we had in the school.

Paige's head whipped up fast, "Do you have anywhere to be?"

"I would like to get back to class," Becca snapped back.

"When did you ever want to get back to class?" I asked.

"I just left my phone in the classroom-" She started to say.

Paige shook her head and rolled her eyes, "You only want to go back so you can text Asher!"

"Oh like you wouldn't want to text River!" Becca whispered back.

"That's different!"

"It's not different!"

While they were in the midst of arguing about their love lifes I heard commotion in the hallway.

The librarian must have heard it too and she went outside the doors. She quickly rushed in turning off the lights, something was happening.

"You girls stay here and do not open this door!" She went outside the room and locked the doors.

Paige and Becca had worried looks and I moved them away from the doors. I could see Paige's hands start to shake.

"Stay right here," I instructed and Becca grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?" Becca asked not to let go of me.

I let go, "Seeing if there is anyone else in here!"

I took a search around the library and there was no one else in sight. When I rounded one of the corners of the shelves I could hear voices outside the doors using my super hearing. I could hear them crack the lock.

I swore under my breath as I left Paige and Becca alone. I was far away from where I left them. I could see the tops of their heads where they were sitting together.

Two guys in heavy duty armor with guns on their hips and hands walked in. They weren't normal guns, I could feel their energy from the guns. It was like when Multiplex drained my power, those were meant for aliens and the ones on their hips for normal guns for humans.

They were scanning the room for people and one of them was getting very close to them. I moved quickly through the halls of books and came up behind one of the guys. Something on his hip beeped like crazy. Before he could react I jumped onto him putting him in a chokehold.

He grabbed at my arms and I slowly made him pass out. I didn't kill him but I had watched videos learning how to do this. I let his body drop fast and took his guns.

The other guy had his gun pointed at Becca and Paige.

"Drop it!" I yelled at him holding up his guy's gun to him.

His little machine on his hip started to beep like he did. He smirked and changed who he was pointing the gun to back at me.

I shot at the bottom of his foot and he shot directly at my abdomen where a bullet shot through but didn't exit my body.

I grabbed it in pain and shot him again where he groaned out. I felt blood coat my hands and I stumbled down to him.

"Who sent you?" I grabbed his face making him look at me.

"You will all die!"

"Who sent you!" I took his arm and broke it. Paige and Becca gasped at the sound.