you could never hurt me

"Hey," Marshall walked into our room and kicked off his shoes and walked over to me. I was having a hard time getting ym dress undone, turns out getting in was not as bad as getting out of it. He slipped off his jacket and his hands touched my back, "Here."

He unzipped my dress and the top fell to the ground and he turned around immediately. I slipped on a shirt and pants fast. "You're good."

He turned back around unbuttoning his shirt. He pulled his shirt off and his abs were revealed. I turned around not wanting to watch, to give him the privacy he gave me.

"What did Atlas want?" I asked, waiting for him to be done.

"Not much, we just sat and talked for a little bit. And he threatened to hurt me if I hurt you."

I smiled, "Of course he did."

Marshall's hands slid to my shoulders and he spun me around, "You know I would never do that?"

"I know. I would hurt you before you hurt me."

"You could never hurt me."

"I could."

"You couldn't." I didn't argue after that, there was no point. I could hurt him, I didn't know my limits and he could die at the hands of a villain or be caught in the crossfire. I could hurt him, if my powers might become too much.

It was a possibility. Except now it was a very real one.

"Let's get to bed, yeah?" His hands intertwined with mine pulling me into bed. His hands wrapped around my waist pulling me close to him.

I could hear his breaths and I felt his chest rise and fall with each one. I let myself melt into him and he rubbed my back, almost putting me to sleep.

But I couldn't sleep, not when I had to enter a fight club the next day.

~~~

"Good morning Leah," Atlas smiled as he handed me something to drink.

"I hate that you are a morning person," I took it and sat down next to Odessa and Mars.

I took a sip of it and needless to say it was the best thing I have ever tasted. Did I know what it was? No but I wanted to take it home.

Speaking of home we needed to get home. Mars and I woke up late and by the time we would get back I needed to get ready to go.

I needed to find temporary hair dye so no one could pin my hair color since I was going to be out in the open. And I needed to find other clothes to wear.

Mars and I grabbed our things and Atlas and Odessa hugged us goodbye. Marshall stepped through the portal first.

Atlas pulled me close, "You tell me if you need anything yeah?"

"I got it." I stepped through the portal and my night of magic had ended and I was back to reality.

Marshall had to leave as he had practice and I went to the store grabbing everything I needed for tonight. I went back to the safe house and put in the temporary dye which I would be scrubbing out tonight.

I slipped on baggy clothes that could get ruined later on. I also wrapped a cloth mask over my face to hide it away.

The temporary dye was just dark brown dye and it was weird to see that hair color. I was used to my light brown, almost beige hair. I had never dyed my hair before so it was weird.

I looked like I was going to rob a bank with this outfit on.

I ran to the warehouse and had to dig my heels in the ground as I was used to running with the shoes I had from my suit.

My siblings weren't here yet so I sat down on the ground. I couldn't look back at the warehouse and I sure as hell was never going to go back in there.

I picked at the grass on the ground and threw it to the side. I did this for a while until I saw headlights come down the winding gravel road. I stood up and recognized it as Victoria's car.

Landon got out and walked up to me and haulted once he saw me, "Your hair?"

"Didn't want anyone linking me here."

Landon nodded and opened the backseat car door. I climbed in and I couldn't remember the last time I was in Victoria's car.

I buckled my seatbelt, "Where are we going?"

"The fight club is about twenty minutes away from the city. It's in an underground location," Victoria explained.

"I entered you in as anonymous. You will be fighting in at least one fight, we want to get information before we can't and shut this down fast," Landon also explained.

I nodded while adjusting my cloth mask, this thing was worse than my own mask. I mean mine I couldn't even feel it on my face.

I was getting nervous, I was going to be with Victoria and Landon for a long time tonight and I wanted to make sure they didn't find out who I was. I needed to stay away from them for a while tonight and see what I could find on my own.

As much as I wanted to stick with them I could find out more being an alien in the ring than anything else. But I had to make sure they won't get hurt either.

I couldn't let this become another Multiplex thing. I couldn't.