no cheating

Life was going extremely well considering everything that was happening in the world.

My family was back to normal, most of my friends knew my secrets (the ones that mattered most as I never see Addy or Kayla), and Marshall was the best guy... well ever.

My family was back to normal, well as normal as we could be. We went back to having family dinners and we invited Becca, Marshall, and Rose to all of them.

The past few weeks have been amazing and Asher and I managed to get Addy and Kayla back to visit us.

I couldn't remember the last time we were all together. It was nice to see them again.

It felt like everything was back to the way it was before everything which I didn't think was possible.

I was doing good, I wasn't having a life crisis or worried about anything. I mean I was as worried as I could be with Omega but I just needed to live.

Everything in front of me was so good right now I couldn't mess any of that up. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I could hope.

Marshall's arm wrapped around me, "You okay?"

"I'm good... why?"

He ran his hand through his hair, "You just looked lost."

"Not lost, just thinking about how everything was really good right now," I leaned into him and he rubbed my arm in response.

Everyone was over at the house, including Addy and Kayla. They were staying over the weekend and they stopped by on their last day here.

Addy slid into Kayla, "You two are so cute it hurts."

"Us?" I gestured to me and Mars.

Addy nodded and Kayla pushed her, "I think it's cute. I mean Marshall was pining over you for ages!"

I scoffed, "Not ages..."

Marshall leaned into my ear, "It was ages." His breath sent shivers down my spine and I lengthened to get rid of the goosebumps he gave me.

He loved when he could do that to me, but he always liked to do it in front of everyone. He was very territorial of me.

"We should go grab some lunch!" Paige announced.

Everyone looked at each other and we all nodded in agreement.

"Make it a race to get there? Usual place?" Asher offered.

We all nodded again and then it was a mad dash out or front door into everyone's cars.

Becca pushed me aside, "No cheating!"

I glared at her and sent an electric shock through her, nothing that could hurt her. She sent a look to me and pointed at her eyes and then to me saying she was watching me.

Paige ran past me and did the same thing Becca did.

I took after Marshall and got into his passenger seat and buckled quickly.

Marshall looked behind him and peeled out of our driveway fast enough that it had me grip the sides of the seats.

Marshall laughed and held onto my hand. Asher and Becca were behind us and they pulled up next to us. Asher flipped us off and sped up faster. I could see Becca turn around in her seat to look at us.

"Out of all the times you have run in this city what's the quickest route?" Marshall asked.

I had to think for a moment and think about it. Everytime I went out as Guardian or a late night run I always took different routes, I never made one the same.

"Take a left here!" I said and Marshall turned his wheel fast, throwing me around in my seat.

The place we were going was a restaurant we would always go to after practices or on the weekends. It was a small diner, and we haven't all been in a really long time. It was a type of thing where you couldn't go alone or with another person. You had to have the whole group.

When me and Marshall pulled into the parking spot a few meters away you could see Asher and Becca's car and shortly behind that followed River and Paige with Kayla and Addy.

I guess it did pay off all the times I ran around the city.

"What way did you guys take?" Asher asked as he got out of his car.

Becca had a mean look on her face. Technically I didn't cheat I just used my own knowledge I had. So she had nothing to be mad about.

"A detour," Marshall smiled and wrapped his arm around me.

Paige and Becca walked behind us and they were whispering 'cheater'. I turned around and disconnected from Mars. I let my eyes glow for a split second, "I never cheated. I just knew a better route."

"Because you run these streets practically everyday!" Paige exclaimed.

"I didn't cheat, I just used my resources!" I defended myself.

"Still feels like cheating," Becca said and walked past me going into the diner.

We all sat down and I took a seat next to Paige and Becca. The guys sat next to each other and Addy and Kayla sat at the heads of the table.

"Oh my goodness I haven't seen you kiddos in so long! How have you been?" the owner exclaimed.

Even she thought we hadn't hung out in forever.

We all sat there and talked to her for ages. Eventually we all ordered and sat around talking to each other.

I was eating my food when some energy went throughout my body. My eyes locked outside with a familiar face, Omega.

What was he doing here?

"I'll be right back," I said to them and Marshall said my name. I ran across the street to where I saw him.

Where he stood a picture was left on the ground. I picked it up and looked at it. In the picture were both of my fathers and my Uncle Link. The other that I recognized was Dominic. An old friend of my dads. I even had a memory of Liam talking about him.

"My best friend was Dominic. Dominic was my Elora. I did everything with him when I met him in high school. Declan though hated Dominic at first. I hope one day you find your own Dominic or Elora," Liam explained while holding me on the couch.

Why did he have this picture?

Was Omega Dominic?

I put the picture into my pocket.

When I turned around to go back to my friends, that's when I saw the diner go up in flames and the windows blown out by an explosion.