all this time, you were her

I woke up with the sudden urge to vomit out my insides. I grabbed the trash can and hurled into it.

I was gripping the sides of the couch gagging. I think I was throwing up everything I had eaten except for the nasty medicine.

Victoria held my hair back and rubbed my back. Asher awoke from the sound of me vomiting in the chair next to us.

Landon brought me a glass of water. My hands shaked and Landon took it from my hands and helped me take a drink.

I sat the trashcan down and rubbed the hair out of my face.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Seven in the morning. You slept for a while," Victoria said.

"Mom and dad?" I asked again.

"Asleep upstairs, they went to bed when we finally told them we would look after you," Landon explained.

I rubbed the scars hidden behind my shirt as they were sore.

"There is a bullet scar, when did you get that?" Victoria asked and took my hand off my side so I wouldn't bother them.

I sighed and leaned back into the couch, "When the school was attacked. Becca took the bullet out."

"Becca took a bullet out?" Asher asked.

Landon laughed, "All this time, you were her. I put you into so many dangerous scenarios. The fight club? Everything and it was you."

"Landon-" Victoria started.

Landon scratched his beard, "The first time you showed up as Guardian you didn't want to leave me. You said you owed us from Hayden and you meant that. You trusted me and Victoria so much because you knew us personally. I have got to be the stupidest person alive."

"You aren't stupid," I croaked out.

"I am!" He stopped to lower his voice, "You are my little sister for fucks sake! Have you ever thought about yourself? That you could die to? That this isn't your job!"

"Landon, that's enough," Victoria said.

"I have! I have these powers and that day I wanted to do something, I felt like I had to save you so I did! I can heal fast it doesn't matter-"

"It does!" Landon sneered.

"I wasn't going to sit powerless when I knew I could stop Multiplex! Which I did! I also owe you everything because I was powerless to save Hayden. I watched her die and that's what it took for me to realize that what I do has consequences. I learned that even from Omega which by the way is an asshole!"

"Why didn't you tell someone he was there!" Landon exclaimed.

"Because I wanted to confront him! He almost killed my friends! I found a picture of him and dad, Uncle Link and my real dad he dropped. So I decided to confront him."

"Look where that got you," Landon said defeated.

"Real dad?" Victoria asked.

Mom and dad came around the corner, "What is going on?"

We all turned to them and remained quiet. Even Landon didn't say anything.

"I am going to get a cup of coffee and then we are all going to sit down and talk like civilized people," Dad said as he walked into the kitchen.

He walked back in with a cup for mom and they sat in the remaining seats.

"Who would like to start?" Mom sipped her coffee.