20 | confused

"mind is confused yet accepting

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"mind is confused yet accepting."

The town fair has finally arrived and Aliya was quite excited for it. She was currently writing a poem for the poetry contest, which she was shocked to find out it was a thing. Anne was down stairs baking one of Mary's recipes for the bake off, Marilla was getting everything together, and Matthew was digging up his biggest radish in the garden. He has had that growing for the past two years, taking care of it and making sure it was growing sufficiently.

Aliya could hear her sister sneezing her nose off in the kitchen and decided to go check in on her. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, there was a voice coming from the screen door and it did not sound like Matthew or Jerry's.

"Hi, there." It said, while opening the door. Aliya stayed in her spot, knowing the voice, and eavesdropped on the conversation. "Is Matthew home?" The boy asked the sibling currently in the kitchen. The girl by the stairs could hear sniffles coming from the other room and was trying hard not to chuckle or laugh. "I was hoping to borrow a pair of cufflinks. Have you been... chopping onions?" Gilbert asked the red head. Aliya decided to come out of her position and walked into the room.

"No, she just an emotional reck at the moment. Come with me, I'll get you those cufflinks." The girl said, before motioning the boy to follow her upstairs. The pair went into Matthew's room and Aliya opened the drawer on top of his desk, showing the cufflinks sitting in their appropriate spot. She grabbed them and started handing tem to Gilbert. "Here. These shall work. Are you going to the fair with Winifred today?" She asked, curious on what his plans were.

"I am. Yes. I'm actually meeting her parents before hand. I'm quite nervous to say the least." He replied. The pit of her stomach dropped and she became light headed, but remained with the usual happy and confident front.

"That's fun. Well, you better be off then. I'll see you and Winnie there?" She asked. He nodded his head and said his goodbyes to everyone before heading off downstairs. Aliya didn't follow, instead, she went into her bedroom and laid flat on her back with tears coming from her eyes. She didn't understood the feelings she was having at the moment. Was it her monthly? No, she just had that last week. Did she not sleep well last night? Couldn't be that, she had eight hours of sleep the night before. All this was quite confusing for her. Anne must of heard her sobbing, considering she just walked into the room.

"What's wrong, Ali? Did something happened?" The girl asked her sister. Aliya sat up in her bed and made room so her sister could have a seat.

"I don't understand why Gilbert had to come here and ask to borrow something. I didn't want him to come here, especially when he's suppose to be getting ready to meet Winifred's parents. The boy makes my mind so chaotic and messy." She replied to her sister.

"Since when did you care about him coming over?"

"Because he's courting with her now and if he wanted to borrow something he could have asked Mr. Barry... or Mr. Lynde." Aliya paused for a second, saying the next few things that came in her mind. "Winifred is a lovely girl. Her perfect blonde hair, amazing sense of fashion, her fasinating personality. Me, the red head who grew up in an orphanage who has a mind different from the other girls. Then, there's him. He looks as if he'd just galloped out of the pages of a novel. What a splendid chin he has. I never noticed it before." Anne looked at her sister with wide eyes and shocked look on her face.

dark sunshine | GILBERT BLYTHE |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें