17 | our dear mary

"god picks the pretty flowers in the garden

"god picks the pretty flowers in the garden."

The sun has yet to rise when Aliya got up and ready this morning. The girl was dressed and walking to the Blythe residence to help Bash out in the field. When the house had come into focus, bright light was shown in the sky and the warm air finally hit her. She ran up to the chicken coop that was in the back of the home and saw Bash already there, collecting "eggs" for breakfast this morning. Aliya thought it would be a funny idea to scare him, so she ran back to the front of the house and waited for the man to come towards the door. After a few minutes, she saw Bash walking around the corner with a basket in his hands.

"Bash!" She exclaimed at the man, causing him to jump. It took him a second to realize what just happened and when he did, he started laughing and shaking his head. He continued walking inside, motioning Aliya to follow him. After she walked through the door, closing it behind her, she sat in her new designated spot at the table. Gilbert was currently cooking oatmeal on the stove, while Bash was walking over to him with the basket of "eggs".

"Some inspiration, Blythe. After three days, even you must have taste to make something different." The man said, before opening the lid. A sound of chirps came from it and Gilbert was taken a back by the man's joke.

"A bit drastic, isn't it?" The boy asked.

"Calm yourself. I ain't that desperate yet." Bash replied, while closing the basket and putting it on the table in front of Aliya, allowing her to pet the cute animals inside. "Also, you need to watch out for that one." The man continued saying while pointing at the girl. "She decided to scare me this morning and I thought I was going to have a heart attack." The girl bursted out in laughter, along with Gilbert. Bash walked out of the room and went upstairs to do something. Aliya hadn't seen Mary this morning, so she picked up the basket and brought it to her room. The woman has fallen ill recently and no one knew how long it would last, but they all hoped and prayed she would be better soon.

"I know you haven't been feeling well, so here is something that might put a smile on your face." The girl said before walking over to the side of Mary's bed and placing the basket upon it. She opened the lid and the chirps reappeared. Aliya placed the chicks on the bed for Mary to play and pet them. The look of shock and happiness appeared on the woman's face making the girl smile as well.

"Is this what you call dropping a whole chicken coop in my lap?" Mary laughed. The girl chuckled, before walking over to Delphine. The baby was smiling upon at her, causing Aliya to caressed her cheek. "Is Gilbert making breakfast this morning?"

"Yes, which I will not be eating. I like the boy, but he cannot cook for the life of him." She answered. Mary insisited that she got up and helped, but Aliya turned down her motivation. "You're sick. Starting tomorrow I will help cook and clean the house." The girl said. Mary nodded her head and cooped one of the chicks in her hands and admired it. Aliya had an instinct to check the woman's temperature and when she did, it was not good. "You have a fever. It's time to bring the doctor. I'll ask Gilbert to fetch him." The girl said before walking out of the room.