12 | thinking of the future

"knowing what you want is better than nothing

"knowing what you want is better than nothing."

Aliya walked with Gilbert to his home today. She was excited to meet Bash and get to hear about all the countries they've traveled to. She was hoping no one saw the two walking together, knowing the consequences if they were caught. It only took 15 minutes to get to the Blythe residence and Aliya ran right into the house to look for the mystery man. Gilbert laughed at the girl's actions and placed his school supplies by the front door.

The girl went into the kitchen and found the man the brunette met on the ship. Bash looked at Aliya in confusion at first, but put the pieces together. He opened his arms and gave the young girl a hug.

"It's great to finally meet you, Ms. Aliya. Blythe has told me so much about you." He said to the girl. She looked at him and smirked.

"Oh, and what has this 'Blythe' said about me?" She questioned, jokingly. Bash let go of the hug, along with Aliya, and threw his hands up.

"I'm not saying nothing. I just got here and I'm not ready to get kicked out yet." He joked. This cause the girl to laugh. She turned around and saw Gilbert standing in the doorway to his father's room. Her smile dropped from her face and walked over to him. She grabbed a hold of his hand and gave it three light squeezed. He looked down at the girl and smiled.

"Remember, he's always here with you. Don't forget it." She said to ease his mind. He nodded his head and went to greet Bash. The smile returned on her face and she ran over to the boys so she could attack them in a hug. "Now, we have some catching up to do, don't we?" She asked them.

"And I actually helped one of the men live a great life. He lives only half a mile away from Green Gables." Aliya finished telling the two about Nate and Ernest. They were surprised at the events that occurred.

"That's sounds like something someone wrote in a book." Gilbert said. The girl nodded her head in agreement. "Well, I helped a woman give birth one day while in Trinidad. It was quite stressful but everything ran smoothly. I was happy to help." The brunette stated, while Bash looked at him in disgust.

"Yes. Imagine walking into a tent and seeing a teenage boy help a woman deliver a baby. I thought I was going to pass out!" Bash exclaimed, making Gilbert and Aliya burst out in laughter. The man looked at Blythe with a smirk on his face. "You know, Aliya, Gil talked about you quite a bit while on the steamer. It seems that he really li-" He was cut off by a hit on the shoulder from Gilbert. The girl looked at the man in confusion and then at the boy.

"I don't know what he's talking about." Gilbert nervously let out. Bash also looked at the boy and rolled his eyes, the girl picked up on that reaction.