Chapter 23

The next morning, Y/N woke up curled up next to a warm body. Last night's memories rushed back—it felt like a huge burden had been lifted off her shoulders. At least now...someone else knew her dark past riddled with abuse and unsolicited torture. Confiding in someone she trusted was a huge, difficult but necessary step in the right direction.

Y/N turned to the side. He looks so peaceful, she thought. Levi looked so calm when he slept. His always neat fringe laid flat across his forehead unkempt, his clothing crumpled from tossing and turning and his light snores were that if traits she had never seen.

"Stop staring, it's creepy," Levi said out of nowhere.

Y/N let out a scream, shocked. Her heart jumped out of her chest as she recoiled backwards, rolling down the bedframe, kissing the floor. The blanket they shared dragged down with her tangled between her legs. 

Y/N grunted an 'oof' as she landed on her bad shoulder.

"Why are you fucking loud in the morning?" He grumbled, turning to face the wall.

"C-Captain."

"What?" He asked, using the pillow I slept on the night before to cover his ears. She stood up throwing the blanket onto Levi and sat back down on the bed.

"How can you breathe sleeping like that?" she asked, a shoddy attempt at covering up her embarrassment. She wanted to slap herself for the dumb question.

"Through my nose, idiot." His voice muffled by the pillow.

"Tch. You'll suffocate like that," she said, as a matter of fact, snatching the pillow away from him. She laid back down, hugging the pillow to her chest. "Did you at least sleep well?"

"I slept more than I usually do... But you did wake me up three times crying. And now you owe me laundry."

"Oh," she pressed her forehead into her palm, trying to recall what her nightmares were about. "I'm s—"

"Don't apologize. Like I've said; it's not your fault," he turned to face her. "I'll always be here if you need a listening ear." He lifted his upper body. "Your past stays behind these closed doors."

That sense of understanding and patience made her heart flutter. "Thank you, Levi." She leaned her head up meeting his lips. Levi groaned, his hand moved up to cup her cheek, deepening the kiss. His rough fingers gently caressing her skin.

She placed her hands on his waist guiding his body to roll atop hers. The weight of his body atop hers and the rhythm in which t
heir lips moved to one another set aflame deep within her core. She felt him up against her thigh.

In the same breath, Levi pulled away, resting his forehead against hers as he panted. "I'm sorry." His ears flushed red.

"It's okay...if you want—"

"No, I won't touch you," he said. "Not like this...not now"

"Hmm?"

"I wanna do it properly, Y/N."

"Properly?" How proper could sex get? She thought.

"When your mind isn't in a vulnerable state," he said. Oh.  Levi leaned forward into her ear his hot breath tickling her ear. "I'll make sure you'll scream my name..." She could almost see the foxy smile on his lips as placed a teasing kiss at the sensitive edge of her ear, "All night long."

Were she not lying down, Y/N's knees would have buckled as her cheeks flared up. She felt his weight lift off her, leaving her feeling extremely hot but empty. "Take the day off if you need to," Levi said stretching his back out.