Chapter 4

"Hi! I'm Hange Zoë!" The brown-haired girl wearing eye glasses introduced as she helped me up after I was knocked down for the 4th time. I was spent. I rubbed my lower back, massaging the sore muscles. Levi was a beast; there was a reason why the man was Humanity's Strongest. Accepting a sparring challenge from him was about the most arrogant thing I've done in a long time. But the challenge was fun.

"That was brutal," I blurted out foreseeing waking up with bruises and muscle ache at places I didn't know had muscles. The way he moved had forced me to move like a snake to avoid being hit yet he somehow managed to give me a good beating.

"You were amazing. Don't beat yourself up too much for it."

"Don't need to. Captain Levi has broken enough of my bones that I don't need to take another beating from myself," I said stretching out my sides, to relief the soreness in my back.

She helped dust the dirt off the back of my shirt. "Levi means well," she assured, grinning from ear to ear. "It's nice having someone who has the balls to challenge his skills. "

"Well learning how to take down the best, from the best is the only lesson that matters."

"You'll give him a well deserved beating of one day and I'll be front row center watching!" Her eyes sparkled as her smile grew even bigger. She wrapped her arm around my shoulders, chest puffed. "You and I are one and the same, my friend. Say I have an idea of how we can take down titans much easier. Would you like to hear it?"

The male who had shortly arrived shook his head profusely. "Section Commander! She's new! You know Captain Levi will have your head if you scare someone with her talents sway!"

I took a swig of cool water from the waterskin, "I wouldn't mind. I'm open to new ideas to take down those bastards."

"YAHOOO!" she squealed, pumping her fist in the air. The male dragged his hand down his face and grumbling about how I was going to regret it ass Hange began her spiel on titans.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

I cleaned myself up before joining Hange and the rest at the mess hall for breakfast. She trailed on and on about catching titans and the benefits that we could reap from learning about titans inside out. It was fascinating seeing how honestly passionate she was about education and science.

"Ma'am, you're telling me that you want to capture a titan?" Moblit, Hange's assistant asked, dumbfounded and horrified. She nodded, pushing her glasses up, her lips curved up in a cocky smirk. Moblit paled at the revelation that she was not joking "Are you insane?!"

"Nope! It's a ground-breaking idea!"

"How would you go about capturing a titan? They're not exactly human-sized cannibals," I questioned. The idea was intriguing on paper.

"I haven't thought about that yet," she admitted, rubbing the back of her head apprehensively.

"What does Commander Erwin think about this little proposed project of yours?"

"Uh...He doesn't."

I let out a tiny 'ah' as Moblit let out a sigh of relief. It didn't surprise me either that Commander Erwin would be against the idea. The scouts lose at least 10 per cent of our soldiers every time they leave the safety of walls; I cannot imagine the loss it would cost the regiment to capture a titan alive and keep it as so.

But the more I thought about it, it was an idea that would revolutionize our future and change the gates of future Scout members. I came to the conclusion that Hange wasn't entirely wrong. However, the idea pushed past being borderline suicidal; if not done right, we'd practically be resigning ourselves to a death wish not that our profession wasn't already equally as suicidal. I leaned back in my chair and took a bite of the apple, pondering.