Chapter 19

Levi never missed a day, visiting her late into the night where their privacy was them and them alone with no interruptions present, up till the doctors allowed her to go home with a long list of do's and don't and a prescription drugs for when the pain gets too unbearable.

It felt good to be back. She missed her bed, missed the smell of nature and feeling the sun against her skin, and people, importantly, she missed being altogether with her small family of friends.

"You're home!" Petra cried, dropping the broomstick and enveloping her in a tight hug. "I missed you! Please never leave me again!"

Y/N pat her friend's head in comfort. "I don't plan to." She winced. "Uh, Petra, ouch." Petra released her arms apologizing for getting too excited. Eld walked up to her, wrapping his arms around her gently.

"I've missed you," he breathed, her scent comforting. But just as quickly as he hugged her she pulled away. "How are you feeling?"

"Not too shabby." She poked his side, "What about you? Those ribs should be intact by now, no?"

"They've been completely healed for awhile now, can't say the same for you."

She shrugged. "I'll be back training in a week or so, don't you worry about me."

"You really want to go back to the medical wing?" Eld raised an eyebrow. "You shouldn't be doing any heavy lifting or physical work for the next month!"

She scrunched her nose. "I've been holed up for the past three weeks, I need some kind of activity to do or I will literally die of boredom. I know my limits, my friend."

"Loosen up, Eld, a light jog wouldn't hurt too much," Petra agreed.

He glared at her, condemning her encouragement. "Whose side are you on?"

"Of course, the lady," she said grabbing her shoulders. "Beside, if anything lover boy would come rushing to her aid, sounds like a perfect love story, eh?" Petra giggled. Both Eld and Y/N shared a curious gaze.

"What lover boy?" Y/N asked. Her heart stopped wondering if they knew about her multiple rendezvous with Levi, her mind taking her back to the many goodnight kisses she shared with be Captain in the last few days. She bit the inside of her cheek consciously forcing herself not blush and smile like a mad woman.

"The ginger with the blue eyes? You know the one on the field with you. He dropped by earlier this morning with a bouquet of beautiful blue flowers, he said to give it to you when you arrived home before heading out for his duties. How cute."

She almost choked on her breath, realising who Petra meant. "Johann?" She recoiled.

Petra clicked her fingers. "Ah! Yes!" Y/N snorted.

"So he really did get a blue bouquet as promised..." She mumbled. She explained to her confused friends,  "He brought a bouquet of flowers to liven up the boring room back at the medical wing. We talked and he let slip that he felt guilty for putting Hange and I in harm's way. He wanted to make it up to us into he paid off his life debt to us, which it's kinda weird that he thinks that way. The kid is a little stubborn. I told him to get me a bouquet of blue flowers instead, I just didn't expect him to actually get one so quickly."

"Not much of a surprise, huh?" Petra snickered. "I put the bouquet in your room, on your desk."

"Why blue?" Eld asked resting his stubbled chin on the top of the chair's backrest.

She shrugged. "No other reason more special than blue is my favourite colour; blue flowers are not very common here in here behind Wall Rose; It's a luxury I find myself appreciating when I do see it— a girl's gotta pamper herself once in awhile, you know?" She flipped her hair into his face, linking arms with Petra.