Chapter 3

Y/N's P.O.V

"This psycho is joining our squad?" the blondie dressed similarly to the captain asked, appalled, "Are you serious, Captain?"

It was 3 weeks before I was cleared for duty and given mandatory leave while I recovered from my injuries. Only now did Captain Levi decide to officially introduce me as the newest member of the squad.

"Oh, be nice, Oruo!" The ginger-haired girl scolded, elbowing him on the arm in retaliation.

He pouted, throwing his hands up dramatically. "Petra, she nearly killed us."

"And that's why she's joining us, brat," Captain Levi calmly justified. "Take her down to the holding cell. She'll be spending 3 nights there for insubordination, then have her clean her room," he ordered, then walked away. The man really held on to the promise to reprimand me for weeks, didn't he? The Captain honestly did not look like someone who followed the rules.

"Punishment on the first day of the job. That's a new record. What the hell did you do?" the dark-haired boy said, crossing his arms, eyebrows raised impressed at my ability to screw up before starting my journey with this team.

"I threw a tantrum and called the government very colourful names," my lips curved up at the memory, "Safe to say that they didn't like it very much," I admitted casually shrugging. Somethings just had to be said.

The ginger wrapped her hand around my shoulder; we stood around the same height. "Don't mind the boys," she said shooting daggers at the men as if to tell them to behave.

"I'm Petra Ral," she introduced herself. "The annoying one with the damaged ego is Oruo Bozad. That one," she pointed at the darker haired man, "is Gunther Schultz." The man waved his hand greeting. "And that's second-in-command Eld Gin," Petra introduced the last member who spotted a crown of gold locks. He nodded acknowledging the introduction.

"Welcome. We look forward to working with you," Eld greeted, glaring at Oruo as if to tell him to not make a scene.

"It's a pleasure to work with the best."

"Your name is Y/N, right?"

"Yes, Y/N Scheider."

"Pretty name! Let me show you around, and then, well, take you down below." I quietly followed her as she showed me around the residence and to my future room. I let her rattle on and on about the captain and the team, listening intently.

"You don't say much, do you?" She asked.

"I don't have much to say. I mean, I don't really know you guys yet," I said.

"That's fine. Take your time to get to know us. And really, don't mind Oruo and the rest. Oruo's just envious that you have a higher kill count than he does, whatever that means. That little shit will get over it soon enough. Other than that, I'm glad there's another girl on the team. I hope we'll be good friends down the road," she chatted giving me a friendly smile.

"I hope so too." I cleared my throat, tucking a stray lock of hair behind my ear. "Sorry, I can be difficult."

"You're good. I'll be sure to come down here to talk to you from time to time so you don't have to feel alone," she reassured.

"No, you don't have to, Petra. I'm ok with being alone for a while," I told her, not wanting to trouble her or anyone for a fact. I felt overwhelmed for no particular reason. It still hasn't fully sunk in that I had the balls to come back to this job and be reassigned to Squad Levi.

Petra locked me in my cell, wishing me a good day. She had her duties to fulfill leaving me to my own thoughts and devices.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.